- Add the blackberries, basil, honey, and water to a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through and starts to thicken approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Gently press on blackberries while heating to release juices.
- Remove from heat and strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove solids. Reserve remaining liquid and set aside to cool.
- If using, divide the Elderflower liqueur among four champagne flutes, along with a drizzle of the blackberry simple syrup. Finish by topping off each glass with some chilled Prosecco.
Garnish each glass with 2-3 fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil, if desired, before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverages
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 29.4 g
- Sodium: 4.6 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Fiber: 11.5 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Blackberry Basil Cocktail