This is a meal all on its own. Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes, If you are tired of plain baked potatoes, you’ll want to give this crispy alternative a try.
If you are tired of plain baked potatoes, you’ll want to give this crispy alternative a try. Crash hot potatoes originated in Australia and were made famous by the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Ree credits Australian food writer, Jill Dupleix, for developing the basic recipe. You can read about its history there: (Link to the original post included below).
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below.
More Easy Side Dishes You May Love
- Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- 7 Ingredient Easy Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries
Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 5 T unsalted butter cut into small chunks
- 4 oz Asiago cheese aged freshly grated
- 3 T fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large rimmed baking dish with aluminum foil
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add potatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain pot and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and mash with a potato masher until flat. Leave room for potatoes, so they are not overcrowded.
- Top each potato with butter and half the Asiago cheese and fresh parsley. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes browned nicely
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.