Halloween Jello Shots are a tie-dye jello shot recipe, that screams Halloween. A sweet and creamy Halloween-themed jello shot that will be the star of the party.
Or if you want to make this a kid-friendly jello shot recipe, leave out the booze, and make just a tie-dye jello cup. Don’t wait and give this Halloween jello shot recipe a try today.
Why These Halloween Jello Shots are a Must Make
- Make with or without alcohol
- The sweetened condensed milk gives extra creamy and sweetness to these shots
- Simple Jello shot recipe with a fun twist
- A variety of colors in each Jello cup
- Make ahead of time
Ingredients You Need For Tie Dye Jello Shots
- Jello – Orange Jell-O Mix and Grape Jell-O Mix are the two flavors I used.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unflavored Gelatin – This is going to help set up the condensed milk layer making sure it all sets up.
- Rum – Or other alcohol of choice
Recipes including or referencing alcohol are intended for adult consumption only (21+). Drink responsibly!
How to Make These Non-alcoholic Jello Shots
If you want to do a non-alcoholic Halloween Jello shot, then just replace the alcohol in the recipe with hot water. That is all it takes to convert it over. This jello idea is fun, and the creamy layer adds a nice richness to the jello.
How to Make Tie Dye Halloween Jello Shots
Start by mixing up the orange and grape jello as directed on the box. Make sure to store each jello in its own container. Place in the fridge to allow the jello to fully set up.
Once the Jello is set up, you will then remove it from the fridge and use a fork or spoon, and kind of break up the Jello into clumps.
Stir in the condensed milk and allow it to cool down, otherwise, it will melt your Jello.
Then you will begin to assemble your Jello shots. Add in some of one color, then the white mixture, then adds in the second color, and repeat. You want to create layers of color, to give it that tie-dye design.
Place the Jello shots in the fridge, and allow them to set up. Then serve and enjoy.
Variations To Recipe And Tips
- You are welcome to use any colors of Jello you want. Blu would be another great color or even green.
- Don’t add extra alcohol or you will run the risk of your Jello shots not set up properly. Too much alcohol will not allow the gelatin to set up.
- You can make these shots in advance up to a day in advance.
- Store the Halloween jello in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Interested in more Halloween Fun
- Check out my post on how to choose safe Halloween Candy to pass out this year. You might be surprised not all candy is safe to be handing out.
- If you are in charge of hosting a Halloween party this year, here are some incredible tips to help get your event all set up. No stress, just lots of fun to be had.
- Another option to check out is Halloween gluten-free candy. This is a great list to know to consider if you need some gluten-free options.
- Check out these 28 easy and fun Halloween recipes that are spooktacular!
Can you freeze these halloween JEllo shots?
Unfortunately, you can not freeze these shots. You will find once they thaw the texture will not be the same. So only make what you plan to eat.
How long does it take jello to set up?
The first set of jello will take around 4 hours. Once you add in the milk layer, return it to the fridge and give it another 2-3 hours.
can I make these in advance?
Go right ahead and make these shots a day in advance. Just store in the fridge, covered. That way the shots don’t soak in other flavors from your fridge.