Lemon Blueberry Fluff Salad is a twist to a classic fluff salad. Simply dump all your ingredients in a bowl and whip up a sweet and fluffy treat! This salad is made with lemons, blueberries, Cool Whip, mini marshmallows, and more.
The ultimate side dish dessert salad to serve up any time of the year. This lemon blueberry salad is a great one to take to your next potluck event.
Table of Contents
What is lemon blueberry fluff salad?
Fluff salads have been around for ages. It’s generally fruit, Cool Whip, marshmallows, and even sometimes jello or nuts. You might know it more if you hear about an ambrosia salad or classic Watergate salad.
These types of dessert salads are budget friendly and great for taking to potlucks, summer cookouts, and more. A versatile and budget-friendly dessert salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Simple ingredients you might have on hand already in your pantry.
- Dump, mix, and serve!
- Make ahead friendly if you want to make it the day before you serve it up.
- Great for potluck events, summer cookouts, weeknight desserts, and more.
- Budget-friendly, and affordable everyday ingredients.
What’s in blueberry lemon fluff salad?
- Cream cheese – Reach for softened or room-temperature cream cheese. It is going to create a very rich and velvety texture to the salad.
- Powdered Sugar – Finely ground sugar is going to sweeten the salad without adding a gritty texture the way granulated sugar would. This white sweet dust is perfect in this salad.
- Cool Whip – Head to the store and buy a tub of cool whip. It is perfect to help add the “fluff” texture to the salad. Fold it in with the other ingredients to create a light texture.
- Lemon – You will want to use fresh lemon juice to really add the perfect amount of tart to the dessert.
- Lemon Extract – This is going to add more lemon flavor. It is of course, optional.
- Marshmallows – Reach for mini marshmallows to mix into this fluff salad.
- Blueberries – Ripe, colorful, and plump berries are going to add the perfect sweetness.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- In a large bowl, you will cream your powdered sugar and cream cheese mixing well until combined. (Photo 1)
- Next, you will fold in the Cool Whip, lemon juice, and lemon extract and mix to combine. (Photo 2)
- Once well-mixed, fold in the berries. (Photos 3 & 4)
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes and then serve, or keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened otherwise, it will not create a smooth and creamy texture.
- When you fold in the berries, use a spatula, same with blueberries to make sure you don’t overmix.
- You can use frozen blueberries if you don’t have fresh ones. Just know it will give the fluff salad a purple hue.
- Fresh lemon juice is going to help offer a vibrant color to the salad.
- Garnish the top with more marshmallows and berries so it adds more color to the salad. You can even garnish it with lemon slices.
- Allowing the salad to chill for at least 30 minutes is important to let the flavors blend together.
- You can top it with crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers for a nice crunch factor.
This lemon blueberry fluff will refrigerate for up to 3 days once it is made. Just lightly stir between serving to ensure it stays incorporated.
This salad can be frozen but is not recommended. You will find the salad will not thaw well once it is thawed.
What to serve with fluff salad with lemon
If you are not sure what to serve along with the salad, let me help. Pair it with some baked chicken, barbeque burgers, and brats, or even pair it with your favorite breakfast casserole. This is a versatile dessert salad, so feel free to pick and choose what you would like.
For this recipe, I recommend using fresh lemon not bottled. You want the flavor to offer that fresh lemon flavor.
You are more than welcome to toss in some raspberries, strawberries, or other types of fruit to help enhance the flavor even more.
Go right ahead and swap out the plain mini marshmallows for a rainbow marshmallow! It is going to add more flavor to the salad along with a colorful pop. Just use the same amount of marshmallows.
Need more dessert recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Lemon Blueberry Fluff Salad
- Add your cream cheese and powdered sugar into a bowl. Mix well on medium speed until nice and smooth.
- Next you will fold in the Cool Whip, lemon juice, and extract. Use a spatula for mixing.
- Then you will stir in the blueberries and marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Then serve up as you wish. You can garnish with marshmallows and more blueberries.
- Cream Cheese – You need to ensure the cream cheese is room temperature or softened. Otherwise, it will not create a creamy texture.
- Powdered sugar – If your powdered sugar has lots of lumps simply sift first.
- Lemon Extract – The extract is optional. It will add more lemon flavor of course.
- Blueberries – You can use fresh or frozen berries. Just know the frozen will make the salad a bit of a purple color.