This delicious apple cobbler is made with nutty pecans, sweet apples, maple syrup, and topped with ice cream and caramel!
- 3 large baking apples (I used Gala)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (divided)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of pecans (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° and grease a skillet with vegetable oil
- Peel, core, and chop apples.
- In a large mixing bowl add chopped apples, ground cloves, 1 tsp. of the cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans and maple syrup..
- Stir all ingredients until fully mixed.
- Using an electric mixer, combine flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix on low until combined.
- Cut cold butter in small chunks and into flour mixture until mixture is crumbly.
- Slowly add in buttermilk until fully mixed in with the flour.
- Scoop apple mixture into the bottom of the skillet
- Spoon dough on top of the apples, spooning it evenly over the top
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes and then decrease the temperature to 350° and bake for another 23 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop out and serve with ice cream if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 33 Minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler