Sheet Pan Fajitas are an easy weeknight dinner or lunch that is perfect for people on the go. A big batch of these fajitas can feed a group and they are so versatile!
You can switch out vegetables, proteins, and seasonings to create your own perfect sheet pan fajita meal. This easy sheet pan dish is the perfect all-in-one meal to feed your family or a crowd.
Why you should make this Sheet Pan Fajitas recipe
- Two Pan Meal – No more scrambling to get several dishes prepped at once so you can quickly throw a meal together. This Sheet Pan Fajitas recipe is all cooked in two pans!
- Healthy – Sheet pan fajitas are a great way to add veggies and lean protein into your diet while keeping the carbs low.
- Versatile – Have a picky kiddo or picky significant other? Sheet Pan Fajitas are one of the easiest recipes to customize. Add your favorite veggies, protein, and even switch up the seasonings!
- Easy – All of the ingredients in this recipe get mixed together in one pan. Then you can throw it into the oven for 30 minutes.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Mexican Street Elote Corn Salad recipe.
- Steak, cut into strips
- Chicken breast, cut into strips
- Red, yellow, orange bell pepper – cut into strips
- Onion, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Chili powder
- Cumin powder
- Lime juice
- Chile verde seasoning – or your favorite seasoning mix
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Stir chicken strips into the mixture, coat well, and marinate for at least 30 minutes
Stir steak strips into the mixture, coat well, and marinate for at least 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 400, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
Place chicken and steak on one sheet, divided by paper or foil
Place onions and bell peppers on another sheet
Cook chicken and steak for about 30 minutes or until done
Cook onions and peppers for 15-20 minutes until soft
Arrange steak, chicken, peppers & onions, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tortillas on a tray
Serve and devour!
Store leftover sheet pan chicken fajitas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Be sure to slice your peppers and onions into similar-sized strips so that they cook evenly.
- I like to slice the chicken thinner than the steak so that the steak does not overcook in the oven and the chicken still gets down.
- You can use any type of steak you like for this recipe. I am a fan of a skirt or flank steak because they are lean and cook quickly, but sirloin steak is another great option.
- If using a very lean cut of meat such as a top round or bottom round roast, you may want to marinate it overnight.
Substitutions and Variations
- For a spicier dish, add chopped jalapenos to the peppers and onions.
- Swap out the steak for grilled shrimp if you are a fan of seafood.
- You can cook this sheet pan fajitas recipe in a skillet instead to cut down on dishes!
- Switch up the spices and seasonings to your family’s liking.
- Add in additional veggies such as squash, zucchini, corn, etc if you a fan of vegetables.
Sheet Pan Fajitas FAQs
Yes! You can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months.
Reheat oven fajitas in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Or reheat on a skillet over medium-high heat until warm.
Yes! You can easily cook this recipe in a cast-iron skillet on the stovetop or grill outside.
More Mexican Recipes You May Enjoy
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Air Fryer Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Black Bean Quesadilla
- Grilled Chili Lime Mexican Street Corn Ribs
- Mexican Rice
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1 lb thin steak cut into strips
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, orange bell pepper – cut into strips
- 1 onion sliced thin
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chile verde seasoning – or your favorite seasoning mix
- In a small bowl with a lid, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder, and cumin until well combined
- Stir chicken strips into mixture, coat well and marinate for at least 30 minutes
- In a separate bowl with a lid, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, lime juice and chile verde seasoning until well combined
- Stir steak strips into mixture, coat well and marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place chicken and steak on one sheet, divided by paper or foil
- Place onions and bell peppers on another sheet
- Cook chicken and steak for about 30 minutes or until done
- Cook onions and peppers for 15-20 minutes until soft
- Arrange steak, chicken, peppers & onions, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tortillas on a tray
- Serve and devour!