- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1½ c. beef stock
- 3–4 cloves peeled garlic (minced)
- ½ c. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. arrowroot
- 1 14-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 3 c. brown rice, cooked
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
- In a glass mixing bowl or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- To create a thicker sauce, create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker. Set aside.
- 15-20 minutes before done cooking, remove lid and stir in the arrowroot slurry, then the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.
Tip: Adding the vegetables 15-20 minutes before done cooking will yield crisp-tender results. Cook longer for softer veggies.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 51.9 g
- Sodium: 343.5 mg
- Fat: 10.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 76.6 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 9.8 mg
Keywords: Slow Cooker, Beef Broccoli