Witch Hat Cupcakes – decadent chocolate cupcakes topped with frosting, squiggly witch hair, and topped with an edible witch hat made with a crunchy, chocolate-covered, sugar ice cream cone for the perfect Halloween treat for any occasion!
It’s that time of year again! The kids are beyond excited for trick-or-treating, carving pumpkins, and getting ready for Halloween parties. If you have a Halloween party planned or if your little ones want to make something spooky but sweet for their friends (and themselves!), then this witch hat cupcake recipe is the perfect way to go! It’s easy to make and delicious too. All you need is sugar ice cream cones dipped in chocolate, a sugar cookie for the brim of your witches hat frosting, sprinkles, and chocolate cupcakes!
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Your Witch Hat Cupcakes
For this recipe, you will need a large bowl, 2 – cupcake tins, a hand mixer to back your cupcakes. To decorate your cupcakes you will need a medium-size bowl for your chocolate, piping bags or ziplock bags, and a few utensils.
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients For Your Ice Cream Cone Witch Hat Cupcakes
- Chocolate cake mix recipe
- Sugar ice cream cones
- round flat cookie
- Green, purple, and gray frosting
- Candy eyeballs
- Jellybeans for nose
- vegetable shortening
How To Make Sugar Cone Witch Hat Cupcakes
- Bake cupcakes per recipe and cool completely
- Melt chocolate and shortening together to make chocolate thin enough for dipping the cookies and cones
- Dip cookies and cones in chocolate and set aside or place in refrigerator to set
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes, alternating colors as you wish
- Pipe a line of frosting around the opening of the cone and place it in the center of the cookie to create the witch hat
- Pipe frosting all the way around where the cookie and cone meet and pour on sprinkles to create a hat band
- Use gray frosting to pipe hair on one side of the cupcake
- Place the hat on top of cupcake
- Add deco eyes and jellybean nose
Optional: Sprinkle Surprise Witch Hats
If you want to add a little hidden surprise to your witch hat cupcakes, you can fill the sugar cone halfway full with fun Halloween sprinkles like spiders, ghosts, etc. Before you seal, it shut with the cookie!
Other Halloween Party Treats & Sweets You’re Sure To Love!
- LARGE HALLOWEEN MARSHMALLOW POPS WITH CANDY MELTS AND SPRINKLES
- HALLOWEEN-THEMED CHOCOLATE DIPPED PRETZELS: PUMPKIN, BATS & MUMMIES
- SUPER EASY 5 INGREDIENT GHOST THEMED HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES: A SPOOKY TREAT
- 3 INGREDIENT JACK-O-LANTERN CUPCAKES: EASY RECIPE FOR HALLOWEEN
- NO-BAKE HALLOWEEN TREAT: CHOCOLATE SWISS ROLL BAT CAKES
- 4 INGREDIENT SPOOKY WITCH FINGER PRETZELS FOR HALLOWEEN
- MERINGUE BONES
- PUMPKIN POPCORN BALLS
- BANANA MONSTER POPS