Witch finger pretzels are a must make Halloween dessert! These are a spooky and easy party treat. If you are looking for an easy no bake Halloween treat, these chocolate-dipped pretzel rods are calling your name.
A Halloween treats with pretzel rods that you can make in no time. Set these out on a tray and watch them disappear! Such a fun and affordable snack. A tasty Halloween treats with pretzel sticks!
This Spooky Witch Finger Pretzels Recipe Is
- Quick to Make
- No Bake
- Kids will have a blast helping make these
Ingredients You Will Need
- Pretzel Rods – Any brand works, just make sure when you buy the rods to be careful so they don’t break.
- Gel Food Coloring – Green and black gel food coloring are what you need. You can adjust the coloring as you need to get the perfect color.
- Almonds – sliced almonds will be the nail to these pretzel rod fingers. You roast them for a short moment in the oven after dipping them in the black gel food coloring. This will make the pretzels look even more realistic.
- Chocolate – Candy melts are what I recommend as it will set up hard. Plus white chocolate can seize up if you add in food coloring.
How to Make Witch Finger Pretzels
Start by preheating your oven as directed. Then you will place almonds on a baking sheet after they’re dipped and bake as directed in the recipe card below.
The full list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Next, break your rods in half, then melt your candy melts as directed. Make sure that you stir in between heat cycles to prevent burning.
Color your chocolate melts with the green food coloring, then dip your rods as directed in the printable recipe card featured below.
Place an almond on the end, then with a toothpick make the lines as the finger wrinkles.
Can I Make These in Advance
This pretzel rod recipe can be made in advance if you want. Just let them entirely set up and then store them in an air-tight container in a single row; if you need to stack, place a layer of waxed paper in between layers to prevent the dipped pretzels from sticking together.
These witch fingers will store for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container. You will find after a bit. They will become less crisp and go stale. At that time toss them out.
In terms of freezing, you can freeze any pretzels you don’t plan to eat. Just place in a freezer container or bag and freeze for 1-2 months!
- Tie Dye Jello Shots – Here is a colorful and tasty colored jello shot. Loaded with flavor and some booze to help get the party started! Whip these up for an adult boozy treat.
- Halloween Party Tips – Do you plan on hosting a Halloween party this year? If so, these are must know tips and tricks to simplify your prep.
- Apple Sangria Moonshine – Here is a fall flavor moonshine and sangria in one. This is one incredible boozy cocktail that is a hit all fall long.
Can I use gluten-free pretzels?
Can I use white chocolate chips?
Do I have to color the almonds?
If you have tried these Witch Finger Pretzels or any other recipes on my site? Be kind & leave a comment and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow me on social Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or My Facebook Group! For more incredible recipes!
4 Ingredient Spooky Witch Finger Pretzels For Halloween
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/8 tsp of black gel food coloring with a few drops of water and stir to dissolve the food color.
- Add the almonds to the bowl and stir until they are black on all sides. Transfer them to the parchment-lined sheet pan (make sure they are in an even layer) and bake for 5 minutes.
- Next, break the pretzel rods in half, so you have 20 ~4” rods.
- Melt the candy melts according to the package directions (typically, you’ll melt them in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power and stir them every 30 seconds).
- Once the candy melts have fully melted, add in 1/4 tsp of green food coloring. If you’d like a brighter color, add another 1/4 tsp and stir.
- Continue until you get the color you’re looking for.
- Dip each pretzel rod into the green candy melts and then tap it on the side of the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- While the chocolate is still soft, place an almond on the tip of the pretzel.
- Make sure to place the pointed end of the almond upward so it looks like a nail.
- Next, use a toothpick to draw 3 small lines just below the nail and 3 small lines just above where the chocolate dip ends.
- This will make the pretzel rod truly look like a finger!
Let me know how you like these witch finger pretzels! Enjoy your holiday needs!