This recipe replaces traditional pasta with healthy and delicious zucchini noodles so that you can indulge in it often without any guilt.
- 4 large firm zucchini peeled
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves peeled garlic (crushed)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the sauce by heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the crushed red pepper flakes and heat until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then add tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, slice zucchini into thin, long noodles with a spiral slicer. (If using the Paderno Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, use the small “shredder” blade to create spaghetti-like strands).
- Cut the noodles with kitchen scissors once they reach 10-12” long.
- Place cut noodles on paper or clean kitchen towels to absorb excess moisture and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the garlic turns golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and remove garlic from the pan with a slotted spoon or fork and discard.
- Add zucchini noodles to skillet and sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
- While cooking, use tongs to flip the noodles to ensure they are warmed on each side.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Remove from heat and toss with warm arrabbiata sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with sliced basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 58.6 mg
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg