These easy homemade chocolate lollipops are swirls of candy chocolate waiting for you to nibble on the sweet confections.
This colorful 4th of July lollipops are great for kids and adults. Whip up these as an easy no-bake dessert.
If you have younger children, let them help swirl all the white chocolate, red, and blue to create custom patriotic chocolate lollipops!
BONUS: Be sure to scroll to the bottom FREE July 4th Party Planner
Why Make This 4th of July No Bake Dessert
- No baking required
- Simple candy melts
- Festive straws are the sticks to give an extra pop of color
- Can be made ahead of time
Ingredients Needed For Chocolate Lollipops
- Red Candy Melts
- Blue Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts or White Chocolate Chips
- Paper Straws
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Pastry Bag
How to Make
Place one color of chocolate into a bowl and heat it up in the microwave. Do 20-30 second increments on heat cycles stirring in between each cycle.
Do this until all the chocolate is fully melted. Then pour each color of chocolate into a pastry bag.
On a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper you will place your straws down. Now, you will cut the tips off the pastry bags, and kind of swirl the chocolate on the top of each straw.
Mix up all the colors, it will look really fun and patriotic. If you want, add on some sprinkles and then let them dry and set up.
Storage Of Lollipops
These chocolate lollipops can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Now, if your home is hot, you can also store these lollipops in the refrigerator.
Variations To This Patriotic Lollipop Recipe
- Top the candy chocolate with some cookie crumbles or chopped candy.
- Add some pop rocks in replace of sprinkles, to offer a crackling effect when you eat.
- Use a candy mold to make shapes like stars to fit the theme of a 4th of July dessert.
- Use any color of candy melts you would like, get creative and have fun!
If you have tried this recipe or any others on Kim Schob? leave a comment and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Find me on Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for more incredible recipes! also My Facebook Group!
4th Of July Chocolate Lollipops
- 1 bag Red candy melts
- 1 bag White candy melts
- 1 bag Blue candy melts
- 3 tbsp White sprinkles
- 3 tbsp Blue sprinkles
- 8 Paper straws
- Pastry bags or thick ziplock bags
- Parchment or wax paper optional
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave according to package directions.
- Pour each into separate pastry bags.
- Snip the ends of each bag.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment/wax paper, squeeze a little line of melted candy melts.
- Place the straw on top and press down.
- Squeeze bags with candy melts over the top of the straws, swirling and varying the colors.
- Add sprinkles.
Can you color white chocolate with food coloring?
Unfortunately, if you add food coloring to your white chocolate it will seize up. That is why you can buy candy melts, as they are perfectly colored and will be a no-fuss option.
What if I don’t own a pastry bag?
If you don’t own pastry bags, don’t feel you have to run to the store. You can easily grab a sealable Ziploc bag. Pour each chocolate in its own bag. Then cut the tip off one side, and use that as a make-shift piping bag.
Alternative to paper straws?
If you do not want to use paper straws, you can easily buy lollipop sticks on Amazon or even at your local grocery store. They are white sticks and work just as well as paper straws.
Can I make these lollipops in advance?
Go right ahead and make these candy lollipops up to two days in advance. Then just store them properly until you are ready to serve them up!
How long will these candy lollipops last?
These lollipops will last up to 2 weeks. Or you can freeze them for up to 3 months. When you remove the chocolate lollipops from the freezer just allow them to thaw a bit, as the chocolate will be pretty hard.
Want More 4th Of July Recipe Ideas
- Incredible 4th of July Appetizers that will be the highlight of your cookout.
- This Triple Berry Layered Cake would be a stunning layered cake to serve up your family. It offers a red, white, and blue presentation.
- If you want a fun cocktail to serve up, try these Strawberry Margaritas.
BONUS HERE: FREE July 4th Party Planner