This Valentine’s Day popcorn mix is bursting with sweet and salty crunch. This pink popcorn is a simple treat you can throw together in minutes. Popped popcorn, pretzels, M&M’s melted chocolate and Valentine’s Day sprinkles galore.
Whether love is in the air, or you want a sweet and salty snack mix to serve up at a school party, mid-day treat, or to pack for a day out with the kids. This Valentine popcorn is a must make.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe!
- Festive Valentine’s Day dessert
- Quick and Easy
- Sweet and Salty
- Crunchy and Creamy Chocolate
- Festive Sprinkles
Valentine’s Day Popcorn Ingredients
Here is all you need to whip up this Valentine’s day popcorn recipe. It is made with sweet and salty ingredients that you might already have on hand in your pantry.
- Popcorn – Popped (can use bag or stir crazy to make fresh)
- Pretzels – Break into small pieces.
- M&M’s – Valentine’s Day themed M&Ms.
- Chocolate – White, pink, and dark chocolate for melting
- Sprinkles – Red, pink, and white colored.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap popcorn with Kettle corn for a sweet twist.
- Use Gold Fish instead of pretzels.
- Consider stirring in some mini marshmallows for a creamy portion.
- Leave out M&M’s if you don’t want the candy crunch.
- Toss in Graham crackers instead of pretzels for a sweet twist.
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make The Popcorn Mix
- Cook popcorn in the microwave, and once popped, place in a large bowl. (Photo 1)
- Add in the pretzels and most of the M&Ms. (Photo 2)
- Then, in a new bowl, melt your chocolate, and once creamy, you will drizzle over the popcorn. Stir to coat. (Photo 3)
- Spread the popcorn on a pan and then spread it out so all the coated popcorn is spread out evenly. (Photo 4)
- Then melt dark chocolate and the red candy melts and pour each of them separately over the popcorn to create a drizzle top for the popcorn. (Photos 5 & 6)
- Add extra M&M’s and sprinkles for decorations.
Storing Snack Mix
For this popcorn mix for Valentine’s day will last for up to two weeks when stored properly. Just place in an airtight container that is sealed or reach for one that is a sealed bag you can remove air from.
Leave the snack mix at room temperature on the counter and snack on it for up to 14 days.
Popcorn is versatile. You can add ingredients that are sweet, like this snack mix. Or opt for savory and add a splash of hot sauce or even Cheez It crackers, pretzels, etc. Feel free to eat popcorn any way you want.
Yes, you can make the popcorn mix a day in advance. You will find it is going to have the best flavor if you serve it fresh. The popcorn will lose a bit of the crunch factor the longer it sits.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes We Love
- Valentine’s Day message cookies
- Red velvet cookies
- Heart Shaped Brownies
- See all our sweet Valentine’s Day recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- Prepare the microwave popcorn according to package instructions. Once popped, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the pretzel pieces and only ⅔ of the M&Ms.
- Melt the white melting wafers in a microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time until smooth.
- Pour over the popcorn mixture and mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Spread the coated popcorn mix evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the red candy melts separately in piping bags. Snip off a small piece of the tip and drizzle over the popcorn mix.
- Sprinkle with the remaining M&Ms and your choice of sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to set for at least 10 minutes, until it hardens, before breaking the popcorn apart and serving. Enjoy!