Baked Rolled Tacos are an easy, healthy weeknight meal that is fun to eat. Not only is this recipe delicious but it only takes about 30 minutes to make.
If you are looking for a different take on Taco Tuesday then this recipe is for you. Your family is going to love this dish and you will love how quick and easy it is to make.
Why you should make this Baked Rolled Tacos
- Easy to Find Ingredients – Unlike many Mexican dishes these ingredients can be easily found at your local grocery store.
- Healthy Alternative – Make a healthy dinner the whole family will enjoy without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- Family-Friendly – This recipe is fun to eat and the whole family will love it.
- No Fancy Equipment Needed – You don’t need any special equipment to make this meal.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this homemade taco seasoning recipe.
- Taco meat, cooked
- Chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- Red and/or green salsa
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Vegetable oil
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Sour cream
How to Make Baked Rolled Tacos
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and very lightly coat baking dish with nonstick spray
In 2 separate bowls mix taco meat and chicken with 3-4 tablespoons of red or green salsa
Place mixture and a sprinkle of cheese near one end of the tortilla and roll tightly
Lay seam side down baking dish
Lightly brush vegetable oil over the top of each roll
Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown
Place on a paper towel-lined plate if a little draining is needed
Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Store leftovers in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- If your rolled tacos are greasy when you remove them from the pan, place them on a paper towel to dry them off.
- This recipe works best with flour tortillas.
- You can use parchment paper or foil instead of cooking spray on your baking dish for easy clean-up.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use any type of taco meat that your family enjoys.
- If you are a low-carb family, you can use flour low-carb tortillas to make these chicken-rolled tacos.
- Change up the toppings based on what your family prefers.
Baked Rolled Tacos FAQs
Yes, you can freeze these baked rolled tacos in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Reheat these baked rolled tacos in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes or until they are crispy again.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
More Taco Recipes You May Enjoy
- Taco Bell Mexcian Pizza
- Cheesy Taco Casserole
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos
- Fruit Filled Waffle Tacos
- Taco Pasta Salad
Baked Rolled Tacos
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and very lightly coat baking dish with nonstick spray
- In 2 separate bowls mix taco meat and chicken with 3-4 tablespoons of red or green salsa
- Place mixture and a sprinkle of cheese near one end of the tortilla and roll tightly
- Lay seam side down baking dish
- Lightly brush vegetable oil over the top of each roll
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown
- Place on paper towel lined plate if a little draining is needed
- Serve with desired toppings and devour!