Get your taste buds ready! This Slow Cooker Beef Broccoli is so good! It’s one of those slow cooker recipes that everyone will love, and I promise you’ll make it perfect the first time!
Forget about spending big bucks on Chinese food takeout and just make your own at home! The tender beef and white rice are the best!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Fresh Mango Margarita Recipe because it’s always time for a drink!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this Slow Cooker Beef Recipe
- It’s one of those delicious meals that taste like it came from a Chinese restaurant
- You can use fresh broccoli florets or frozen
- These easy crockpot beef makes enough to share
Ingredients for the best slow cooker beef
- Beef stew meat – You can use flank steak as well if you want to change up the cut of beef.
- Beef stock – Beef broth works great, too.
- Garlic cloves – Garlic powder is another great option.
- Gluten free soy sauce – I also use low sodium soy sauce sometimes.
- Honey – This is added for extra sweetness, so you could use molasses or maple syrup as well.
- Sesame oil – Any Asian-style sauce would be delicious.
- Salt and black pepper – To taste.
- Arrowroot – Needed to get the end result of perfection!
- Broccoli florets – Frozen broccoli or fresh is fine.
- Red bell pepper – Cut them into thin slices.
- Brown rice – White rice is always an option, too.
- Sesame seeds – Adding these on top is one of my favorite things!
How To Make Healthy Crockpot Beef
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
- Step One: Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
- Step Two: In a glass mixing bowl or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Step Three: To create a thicker sauce, create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker. Set aside.
- Step Four: 15-20 minutes before cooking, remove lid and stir in the arrowroot slurry, then the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Step Five: Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.
How to Store
This delicious meal makes enough to feed the entire family and have leftovers! Just let this great recipe cool down all the way, and then store it in an airtight container.
Keep it chilled in the fridge and eat within 2-3 days.
- Add a different delicious sauce – You can easily change up the flavor of this delicious beef recipe by changing up the sauce.
- Add some heat – Put a little bit of red pepper flakes into the mixture!
- Add onions – You can mix in green onions or have them as a topping.
- Use cauliflower rice – If you want to cut carbs, use cauliflower rice instead.
Since you’re going to be slow cooking this, I think that you should just add everything in the morning and let the crock pot beef cook all day. What better meal prep is that?
You can. Just let it cool down all the way, and then store this easy Chinese recipe in the freezer. It should stay good for 1-2 months.
What to serve with slow cooker beef
This dish would be great with jasmine rice, white rice, or any type of rice!
If you need other pairing ideas, here are some great side dishes to check out.
Need more Slow Cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- Slow Cooker-Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- See all our slow cooker recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Slow Cooker Beef Broccoli
- 1½ lbs beef stew meat cut into chunks
- 1½ cup beef stock
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil toasted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 broccoli florets 14 oz bag frozen
- 1 red bell pepper cut into short, thin strips
- 3 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional toasted
- Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
- In a glass mixing bowl or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- To create a thicker sauce, create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker. Set aside.
- 15-20 minutes before done cooking, remove lid and stir in the arrowroot slurry, then the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.