Sweet, tangy, and refreshing, is what you will get with this mango margarita. A delicious chili mango margarita recipe that is bursting with flavor. The perfect summer drink to whip up to enjoy with dinner or a nightcap.
This Mexican mango drink is one that you will love if you enjoy fresh mango. The chili ring around the glass balances out the sweetness perfectly. Sip away and imagine sitting on a beach somewhere.
Why This Mango Margarita Recipe Is A Must Make…
- Sweet, tart, tangy flavor in each sip
- Made with fresh ingredients, not a margarita mix
- You control how much alcohol to use, so a perfect cocktail
- An easy mango cocktail to whip up anytime
Ingredients Needed For Mango Cocktail
How to Make A Mango Margarita
Ditch the pre-mixed, and learn how to make a mango margarita from scratch. Full directions are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walkthrough.
Start by dicing up your mango, and then freezing for 3 hours, to get it nice and frozen.
In a high speed, blender add in the ingredients except for chili powder and blend.
Add chili powder to the rim of a glass then pour the margarita in, add a straw and serve!
Expert Tips For Making A Homemade Margarita
- If the margarita is too thick, add a bit more alcohol or even a splash of water to thin it down. Then blend more.
- If you want the margarita thicker, do more mango or less liquid for a thicker cocktail.
- When you first mix up the margarita it will be very thick. But, just know after a few minutes the ice and mango melt a bit and it thins up.
Variations To Recipe
Here are some alternative options for making this mango rita recipe!
- Add in a 1/3 cup of orange juice for a stronger punch of flavor. Trust me, it really ramps up the tart and sweet flavor.
- Tajin is another option for rimming the glass.
- You could salt the glass if you didn’t want to use chili powder.
- For a spicy margarita add in some jalapeno and blend, it will give a nice level of heat.
what is the origin of margaritas?
Honestly, there is a lot of debate on how or when the margarita came about. But, from what I have learned sometime in 1938 a man named Carlos ‘Danny’ Herrera created the first margarita at his restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico. Since then this Mexican cocktail has taken the world by storm, with many variations.
how to sweeten the mango margarita recipe?
Not sweet enough? Reach for simple syrup or agave or even honey. Drizzle in and taste, and see how you like it. Add as much or little as you would like. I just taste in the blender at the end, then flavor to my liking. That way the sweet syrup mixes with all the ingredients well before you pour into the glasses.
how much does this recipe serve?
I was able to get 4 glasses that were 16 ounces each out of this recipe. But depending on how much your ice and mango break down as it is blended, just know it can vary slightly. Adjust the recipe to fit how much you want to serve. If you want more, add more ingredients for a larger serving size. Or less if you want to make this a single-serve cocktail for one.
How to store leftover margarita?
Don’t want to drink all your margarita mix? Just place any leftover cocktail in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Then drink within 24 hours of making it. It will become watery and lose a bit of that fresh flavor as it sits. Give a good stir then enjoy.