Valentines Message Cookies these cookies are a fun way to send a special Valentine’s Day message to your kids and family members. Not only are these cookies delicious but they are also a fun activity for your kids to do too!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about classroom parties and family celebrations. These Valentine’s day message cookies are the perfect way to celebrate the love holiday.
Why you should make these Valentine’s Message Cookies:
- Fun – These cookies are a fun way to send a special Valentine’s Day message.
- Delicious – They taste great and they’re easy to make. What more could you ask for?
- Great for Parties – Valentine’s day message cookies are perfect for classroom parties and family celebrations.
- A great activity to do with the kids – Kids can make their own messages, cut them out and decorate them by pasting on candy pieces, etc.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes recipe.
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Food coloring (optional)
- Large heart sprinkles
- White cookie frosting
- Chocolate writing frosting in a piping bag
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Wire rack
- Piping bag
How to Make Valentines Message Cookies
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Add in egg and milk.
Use the low setting on the mixer at this point and gradually add flour until the mixture pulls away from the bowl.
Work the dough with hands until well combined.
If using food coloring, add it now and knead it into the dough until evenly distributed.
Roll into a log shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Slice the cookies and bake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack then apply an even layer of white cookie frosting.
Write the desired message on the cookie with chocolate frosting (cut a very small portion of the tip of a piping bag or storage bag off).
Add heart sprinkle. Share the love and enjoy!
Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips For Valentines Message Cookies
- For best results, make sure that your butter is at room temperature. This will help you get the fluffiest and softest cookies.
- Do not overmix your cookie dough once your add in the flour. Mix until just combined once you add the flour. Overmixing the flour will cause your cookies to be tough.
- Be sure to chill your cookie dough before baking so that the cookies hold their shape well during the baking process.
- If you do not have a piping bag on hand, you can use a storage bag with a corner cut-off.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use food coloring gel to change up the color of your cookie dough, if you want a colored cookie.
- Top the cookies with festive sprinkles to match the occasion.
- For extra flavor add 1 teaspoon of vanilla, almond, or lemon extract to your cookie dough.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to your cookie dough for a spicier cookie.
Valentines Message Cookies FAQs
This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
Yes, you can freeze cookies. You can freeze these cookies baked or unbaked for up to three months.
The dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
More Cookie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Cookies
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Valentines Message Cookies
- mixing bowls
- Plastic wrap
- cookie sheet
- Wire rack
- piping bag
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside
- In a separate large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add in egg and milk
- Use the low setting on the mixer at this point and gradually add flour until the mixture pulls away from the bowl
- Work the dough with hands until well combined
- If using food coloring, add it now and knead into dough until evenly distributed
- Roll into a log shape, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 hours
- Slice the cookies and bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 375 for 8-10 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack then apply an even layer of white cookie frosting
- Write desired message on cookie with chocolate frosting (cut a very small portion of the tip of the bag off)
- Add heart sprinkle
- Share the love and enjoy!