Panera’s Fuji Apple Salad is a delectable dish drizzled with a sweet vinaigrette dressing, filled with crisp lettuce arugula, crunchy pecans, dried apple chips, thin slices of chicken breast, and topped with gorgonzola cheese. Try our copycat Panera recipe! Perfect and healthy appetizer(or main meal!) for your next family dinner!
As much as I enjoy going to Panera and getting the Fuji Apple salad, it’s expensive and very inconvenient! That’s why I created a recipe that’s nearly identical to the original. It’s made with the same quality ingredients and tastes the same, so I can have it whenever I choose.
This Fuji Apple Salad and Dressing Recipe is a mouthwatering copycat of the original Panera one, but you’ll swear you picked it up from there on your way home. It is Easy-to-Make, delicious, and affordable!
Why you should make this Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad
- To save money and for convenience’s sake, of course! You may not always have time to drive to Panera, but you can always find time to recreate this apple salad at home. It saves you time, money, and effort!
- Everything in this salad is incredibly flavorful and has such a variety of unique and delightful textures. The dressing on top is also fantastic. A balsamic and honey dressing elevates this salad to new heights. You’re going to adore everything in this salad, and it will also become an instant family favorite.
- The Panera Fuji Apple Salad is a simple dish to prepare, despite its sophisticated-sounding name. It’s a simple toss and mix salad. Anyone is capable of completing the salad-making task. In addition, the salad dressing is easy to make as well.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this fresh heirloom tomato salad with balsamic and feta!
What You Need To Make This Fuji Apple Salad Recipe
- romaine lettuce
- chicken breast
- baby arugula or power greens
- dried apple chips
- ripe tomatoes
- red onion
- gorgonzola or blue cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- apple juice
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground ginger
How to Make Fuji Apple Salad & Dressing (Copycat Panera Recipe!)
The full list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing
Whisk all ingredients together until well combined and drizzle over salad mix
You’ll want to try and only add the dressing to the salad you think you will eat, otherwise, it won’t store very well. If you have leftover fuji salad mix store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You’ll want to store any leftover dressing in a separate container to keep the salad fresh and crisp.
Substitutions and Variations
This Panera Fuji Apple salad is customizable. You can change the ingredients according to your taste and preference.
- Dairy-Free Salad: Use a vegan cheese crumble instead of the gorgonzola or blue cheese.
- Vegan Salad: Replace the grilled chicken with grilled tofu or roasted chickpeas.
- Apple Slices: Use fresh slices of Fuji Apple instead of apple chips
- Japanese: If you are going for a more Japanese vibe, you can replace the grilled chicken breast with Pork Loin Tonkatsu, Chicken Katsu, or Ebi Fry.
- More Toppings: Toss in some avocado, candied pecans, dried cranberries, or croutons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh apples instead of dried apple chips?
Can I use other lettuce?
Where can I buy apple chips?
More Salad Recipes You May Enjoy
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Garden Veggie Mason Jar Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Elote Salad
- See all our scrumptious salad recipes!
If you have tried this Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad or any others on my site? Be kind & leave a comment and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow me on social Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or My Facebook Group! for more incredible recipes!
The BEST Fuji Apple Salad & Dressing (Copycat Panera Recipe!)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 3 cups chicken breast sliced thin
- 2 cups baby arugula or power greens
- 2-3 cups dried apple chips
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes wedged
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- ⅓ cup gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup pecans halved or chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined and drizzle over salad mix
- A large bowl
- Dry measuring cups
- Wooden salad tongs or tossers
- Wet measuring cup
- Medium mixing bowl
Leave a Reply