Sip away on this refreshing and delicious thirst quenching 5 ingredient acai smoothie! Avocado, frozen acai packet, and more all blended up to creamy perfection.
This healthy smoothie recipe is a delicious way to start your day, or a 2 pm pick me up treat. No matter when you serve up this smoothie recipe, it is a refreshing acai recipe.
Why This Acai Smoothie Stands Out Among The Rest…
- Clean Eating Recipe
- Dairy Free
- Honey used for sweetener. Better alternative to sugar
- Frozen Acai Puree makes this recipe simple to make
- Blends up in minutes
Ingredients Needed for The Acai Smoothie
How to Make
Full directions are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick overview of how to make the smoothie.
Start by grabbing your blender. Set it on the counter and plugin.
With warm water, run your packet of acai under the water to help soften up. Then once thawed a little bit, pour into the blender.
Add in all the other ingredients, and blend until well combined.
Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh berries, mint leaves, etc.
Is Acai A Fruit
Acai is a fruit, that comes from an acai palm tree. This bold berry is considered a superfood as it is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins and minerals.
Variations To Recipe
- You can swap the coconut water with a juice like apple juice, orange juice etc.
- If you are not dairy free, you are welcome to use regular milk or any other plant based milk replacement.
- Toss in other fruit or vegetable to add flavor to the smoothie.
- You can leave out the coconut oil if you would like.
Helpful Tips for The Smoothie
Here are some tips and tricks for making this clean eating smoothie!
- I recommend making sure to make sure your avocado is ripe, to help add the right flavor to the smoothie.
- If you do not have the frozen acai, you can use 2 scoops of acai powder to replace frozen.
- Using a high powdered blender helps to make sure the smoothie is the perfect texture. If you don’t have one you can use a food processor in a pinch.
- Serve immediately after making for best texture and flavor.