Give this banana cream frozen yogurt recipe a try today. 5 ingredients is all it takes to make homemade frozen yogurt with a delicious banana cream flavor in each bite. Froyo never tasted so good.
No need to use an ice cream maker, this is a no-churn frozen yogurt recipe. A simple and healthy frozen dessert you can make any time. The hardest part is waiting for the frozen yogurt to freeze.
Why This Frozen Yogurt Recipe Is So Popular
- Everyday ingredients Used
- No Need for an Ice Cream Machine
- Whips up in minutes, then pop in the freezer
- Can mix in other ingredients for added flavor
- A delicious frozen dessert
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make it.
Start by peeling and slicing your bananas into thin pieces. Then place in a freezer bag to let them freeze and get hard.
Storage Of Frozen Banana Yogurt
Your frozen yogurt can be stored for 3-4 months. Just make sure to store it in a freezer-friendly container.
To prevent ice crystals from forming on top of the ice cream, place a layer of plastic wrap. This will help reduce ice crystals from forming on top of the ice cream.
Variations To Recipe
- Mix in some diced fruit like berries to the yogurt mixture once blended.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Add in some coconut flakes for a tropical twist.
- Stir in or sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the frozen banana cream yogurt.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Unicorn Cheesecake on a Stick
what does no-churn mean?
Which is healthier ice cream or frozen yogurt?
why is my frozen yogurt so hard?
Can I use plain yogurt instead of Greek?
Why do my bananas need to be frozen first?
More Easy Desserts You May Enjoy
Banana Cream Frozen Yogurt
- 2 bananas large
- ½ c Plain Greek Yogurt full fat
- 6 oz cream cheese cut into chunks
- ¾ tbs vanilla extract
- ¼ c honey preferably local
- Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Place banana slices in a plastic freezer safe bag and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Add yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and frozen banana slices to powerful blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the blender to loosen the mixture).
- While blending, drizzle in honey until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more honey, if desired.
- Transfer contents of blender to a freezer safe dish and cover tightly. Place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with slices of fresh banana or other favorite toppings.