3 ingredients are all that it takes to make this blueberry dump cake recipe. A yellow cake mix and canned blueberry pie filling are the stand-out flavors of this easy dump cake recipe. Great for a weeknight dessert, potluck, or summer celebration.
No matter what the occasion, a classic dump cake, is always a welcome dessert. Pair with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream, and serve up one decadent and affordable dessert.
This berry dump cake is a classic dessert that so many made years ago. It was quick, affordable, and as the name stands, you dump and bake. A perfect dessert for busy moms.
This blueberry dump cake recipe is
- Made with 3 ingredients
- Dump and bake dessert
- Easy prep
- Similar to a cobbler
- Perfect for any occasion
- Yellow or White Cake Mix
- Blueberry Pie Filling or fresh Blueberries
How to Make Dump Cake
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Start by preheating your oven and prepping your 9×13 pan as directed.
Then you will open up your blueberry pie filling and pour it into the pan; add sugar and spread it out for an even layer.
Next, you will sprinkle the dry cake mix all over the pie filling, making sure to spread evenly.
Slice your butter into thin slices and place evenly all over the top of the dry cake mix. Bake as directed until golden brown on top.
Allow the dump cake to cool a bit before you slice and serve, as the fruit filling will be scalding.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Make sure that you evenly spread the pie filling, cake mix, and butter. If you do not do so, there will be places that don’t cook properly.
- You need to use butter, not margarine, for this recipe. The margarine has oil in it, which will make the cake oily and greasy on top, which you don’t want.
- If you do not have a yellow cake mix feel free to swap with a white cake mix.
- Top the cake with ice cream, whipped cream, or even fresh berries, and enjoy.
With any of your leftover blueberry cake, you will want to store it in the refrigerator. The cake will last for 4-5 days in the fridge. You can eat the leftover cake cold or warm it up in the microwave for fresh oven warmth.
Or, go the extra step and freeze any of the cake you don’t plan to eat right away. Simply store for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight or warm it up straight from frozen.
What is a dump cake?
How long do you bake dump cake?
Can I use something besides canned pie filling?
Can I swap the blueberries out for other fruit?
Check Out These Other Sweet Treats!
If you have tried this blueberry dump cake or any others on my site? Be kind & leave a comment and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow me on social Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Easy Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray
- Place pie filling or fresh berry mixture in bottom of the pan in an even layer
- Evenly sprinkle on cake mix
- Top with butter
- Bake about 30 minutes until golden and bubbly