7 ingredients are all that you need for this cheesy crockpot hashbrown casserole. This hashbrown casserole is great for a side dish for a weeknight meal, take to a family gathering, and more. If you are a fan of cheesy potatoes, this hashbrown recipe is gonna be a hit.
Cracker Barrel is known for its cheesy potatoes. You will find this recipe here; it is very similar in the flavor you can order from your favorite restaurant.
This potato side dish is also called funeral potatoes. The only difference is I didn’t add the crushed cornflakes on top that offer that crunchy texture. You are welcome to do so.
This crockpot hashbrown casserole recipe is…
- Made with simple ingredients
- Quick prep
- Hands-off cooking in your crockpot
- Creamy and cheesy
What Do I Need To Make This Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Frozen Hashbrowns
- Sour Cream
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
How to Make
First, you want to spray your crockpot with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except 1 cup of cheese.
Pour into the crockpot, and then cover and cook for 4 hours.
Remove lid, sprinkle with the reserved cheese, and cook another 20 minutes.
Once the cheese is melted, dish up and enjoy.
Storage Of Leftovers
If you happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then reheat in the microwave. Or cover with aluminum foil and warm it up in the oven until the cheesy hashbrown casserole is warmed through.
Variations To Recipe And Tips
- Use a condensed cheese soup in replace of cream of chicken for a vegetarian option.
- Cubed hash browns work as well as the shredded hash browns for this recipe.
- Top the casserole with crushed cornflakes and broil in the oven for 1-3 minutes to crunch it up for a crispy topping.
- Instead of cheddar cheese use a pepper jack, Monterey cheese, etc.
Here are a few helpful common questions for making this crockpot hashbrown casserole.
CAN I MAKE HASH BROWN CASSEROLE IN ADVANCE?
CAN I BAKE THIS IN THE OVEN INSTEAD?
CAN I USE FRESH POTATOES?
CAN I USE CUBED POTATOES WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS IN THEM?
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Prepare slow cooker with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese until well combined
- Place in an even layer in slow cooker
- Cook 4 hours on low
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top
- Cook for an additional 20 minutes
- Serve immediately and enjoy!