Served with a light puffy breading and fried to golden brown perfection, these hand-dipped copycat Disneyland corn dogs taste authentic! Relive the magic of getting a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon on Main Street, U.S.A, with this delicious recipe. You’ll be surprised at how simple it is to create corn dogs at home!
Have you fallen in love with Disneyland Corn Dogs? Me too! They are delicious and perfectly crispy every time I get them! It’s one of the many delicious Disney treats that I often find myself craving at home. Lucky you, I have perfected what I feel like is, without a doubt, the best Disneyland Copycat Corn Dogs recipe!
My Disneyland copycat corn dog recipe is coated in a simple (yet complex!) cornbread batter before being fried to perfection. It’s simple to make and can be frozen and warmed later. To be honest, nothing beats a real Disneyland Corn Dog on Main Street, but this is the next best thing if you’re craving one at home!
Why you should make this Copycat Disneyland Corn Dogs
- For those of you who enjoy the Disney treats, this Corn Dog recipe is a close replica of the original.
- They are easy to make and kid-friendly!
- For those of you that love freezer meals, these are perfect for cooking and storing for a quick lunch or dinner on busy weeknights.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Pigs and a blanket chili ring
What You Need To Make This Disneyland Copycat Corn Dogs
How to Make Copycat Disneyland Corn Dogs
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
In a deep pot, add oil and heat to 350°, a candy thermometer works great to regulate the temp.
Pour batter into a tall cup.
Skewer the hotdogs and dip into the batter.
Place the battered hotdog in the hot oil spinning it as it drops. Fry until the crust is golden brown. Rotate the corn dog to cook all sides evenly.
Let cool and devour!
Store leftovers in a Ziploc bag for two days in the fridge. If you want, you may heat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes.
These corn dogs can be frozen. Before storing them in a freezer bag, make sure they have totally cooled down from deep frying. Corn dogs can be reheated from the freezer to the oven by baking them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes.
With my homemade Disney Corn Dogs, what dipping sauce should I use?
Where can I buy skewers?
More Easy To Make Recipes You May Enjoy
- Easy Tex Mex Sliders
- DIY Baked Pizza Rolls
- Loaded Cold Tortellini Salad
- Easy 30-Minute Meatball Subs
- Easy Air Fryer Fries
The Best Disneyland Copycat Corn Dog Recipe!
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking soda.
- Add egg, melted shortening and milk. Mix until smooth batter forms.
- In a deep pot, add oil and heat to 350°, a candy thermometer works great to regulate the temp.
- Pour batter into a tall cup.
- Skewer the hotdogs and dip into the batter.
- Place the battered hotdog in the hot oil spinning it as it drops. Fry until crust is golden brown. Rotate the corn dog to cook all side evenly.
- Let cool and enjoy