This Copycat Starbucks Cream Cheese Danish is so good you won’t be able to stop eating it. It has a sweet, flaky crust filled with the perfect amount of cream cheese filling.
If you enjoy a cheese danish as breakfast or a snack then this recipe is for you. This cream cheese danish recipe is a copycat of the Starbucks version. You know that flaky crust with sweet cream cheese filling. This is just as good if not better than the original.
Table of Contents
Why you should make this Cream Cheese Danish
- Easy to Make – The longest part of this Cream Cheese Danish recipe is whisking the filling together.
- Rich & Flaky – A short and simple dough with a delicious cream cheese center makes this danish irresistible.
- Good as Leftovers – After enjoying this tasty Copycat Starbucks Cream Cheese Danish for breakfast you can save the leftovers or for an afternoon snack.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Peach Cobbler recipe.
Ingredients You Will Need
- homemade or store-bought puff pastry
- cream cheese
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Cream Cheese Danish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, juice of 1/2 lemon, zest of the other half lemon, and vanilla. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Cut sheets of puff pastry into rectangular pieces. Brush with egg wash optional. (Photos 3 & 4)
- Place pastry into the air fryer basket and cook on 370 for 5 minutes. (Photo 5)
- Remove and place a dollop of cream cheese frosting in the center, cook for 2 more minutes. (Photo 6)
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store them in an airtight container or storage bag.
- The dough is easy to make and can be made ahead of time then wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to one day.
- Be sure that your dough is nice and cold if you are using homemade dough. Cold dough will give you the flakiest pastry.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, these can also be baked at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
- The egg wash is optional but will make your pastry look nicer.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you don’t have any cream cheese, feel free to use mascarpone cheese or another type of soft cheese.
- You can also add some blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries to the center for a fun variation.
- This pastry is delicious served with a cup of coffee or tea.
- For a cheese and cherry danish add some canned cherry pie filling to the cream cheese filling when you add it to pastry.
Copycat Starbucks Cream Cheese Danish FAQs
Yes, just store it in a sealed container or bag and refrigerate it until ready to use.
You can warm up the danish in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds.
Yes, just store the pastry in a freezer-safe bag and place it in the freezer. I recommend eating them within 3 months for freshness.
More Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy
- Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs
- Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oats
- See all our yummy breakfast recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Copycat Starbucks Cream Cheese Danish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, juice of 1/2 lemon, zest of the other half lemon and vanilla.
- Cut sheets of puff pastry into rectangular pieces.
- Place pastry into the air fryer basket and cook on 370 for 5 minutes. Brush with egg wash optional.
- Remove and place a dollop of cream cheese frosting in the center, cook for 2 more minutes.