You’re going to love the flavor and taste of this Italian Chicken Penne Pasta! Not only is it perfect for busy weeknights, but it’s a great way to make cooked pasta with tender chicken that everyone in the family will love! This is literally the perfect family dinner – and such an easy recipe to do.
The best part of this chicken penne pasta recipe is that this easy email tastes like it was made by a pro. Not only that, but you get to step aside and let your Instant Pot be the one to cook dinner for the entire family while you get the credit!
Step-by-step instructions plus images see below!
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- It tastes like Olive garden chicken pasta!
- It’s an easy meal that takes minimal work.
- This delicious dinner takes just moments to do!
If you love this easy pasta recipe, you may really enjoy my Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta or my Baked Ziti Pasta With White Alfredo Sauce.
- Chicken breast
- Italian dressing
- Crushed tomatoes
- Dry Penne pasta
- Olive oil
How To Make Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and directions can be found in the printable recipe card below!
Step One: In a smaller inner pot, add dry pasta, olive oil, and enough water to cover the pasta plus about ¼ inch over the top. Stir to mix well.
Step Two: Sprinkle Italian dressing over chicken pieces.
Step Three: Place chicken into the pot.
Step Four: Mix about 1 cup of water with crushed tomatoes. Pour over chicken.
Step Five: Put the inner pot on top of the chicken. Cover and lock lid.
Step Six: Set pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick-release.
Step Seven: Remove the inner pot with pasta and chicken from the pot, leaving the liquid inside the pot.
Step Eight: Set pot to sauté mode. Bring liquid to a boil to make the sauce.
Step Nine: Add pasta to the sauce. Mix well. Serve with chicken.
Storing Creamy Chicken Pasta Leftovers
To store leftover penne noodles and chicken, you’re going to want to let this pasta dish cool completely and then store it in an airtight container for later. Consume leftovers within 2-3 days.
You can make this as a freezer meal as well that you can thaw and cook any night of the week.
- Chop up a small onion and add it to the mixture as well. I like to add thin slices as it adds so much flavor.
- Since this creamy pasta dish has minimal prep needed, you can put some of your cook time on side dishes. I love pairing this up with garlic knots or even a fresh spinach salad.
The great thing about this weeknight dinner is that you can change things up.
You can always add in a red sauce if your family likes it that way, or add in some garlic to make a killer garlic chicken penne pasta.
Pasta dishes could always use some additional parmesan cheese right on top!
Anything that you want. I like adding garlic, black pepper, and even some minced garlic cloves, too.
You can give it the same flavor and consistency by adding a white sauce to this recipe. I told you that this was an easy dinner to make.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Super Easy Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese (Instant Pot!)
If you have tried this Italian Chicken Penne Pasta or any other recipe on my site, let me know by leaving a comment below and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow along with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or My Facebook Group! for more incredible recipes!
Instant Pot-Italian Tomato Chicken Penne
- 2 lbs. chicken breast boneless, or thighs
- 1 Italian dressing sachet dry
- 1 tomatoes can crushed
- 1 ½ cup pasta dry penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stainless steel inner pot
- In a smaller inner pot, add dry pasta, olive oil and enough water to cover pasta plus about ¼ inch over the top. Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing over chicken pieces
- Place chicken into the pot.
- Mix about 1 cup water with crushed tomatoes. Pour over chicken.
- Put the inner pot on top of chicken. Cover and lock lid.
- Set pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove inner pot with pasta and chicken from the pot, leaving the liquid inside the pot.
- Set pot to sauté mode. Bring liquid to boil to make sauce
- Add pasta to sauce. Mix well. Serve with chicken.
Leave a Reply