Baked Ziti with Alfredo sauce is bursting with Italian flavors. This recipe is topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and its white pasta sauce is irresistible. This dish is cozy and tasty, perfect for family dinner gatherings.
This pasta bake recipe is perfect for any night of the week. It’s quick, easy, and delicious- what more could you ask for?! Baked Ziti With White Alfredo Sauce is a meatless pasta dish that contains alfredo sauce, ziti pasta, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and sour cream. I love to make this dish when I don’t want to cook meat or poultry, but still want something hearty and delicious. The sauce is rich and creamy, with a little tang from the sour cream.
For those of that aren’t familiar with traditional baked ziti, it is a type of noodle casserole made with ziti pasta, ground beef, cheeses, and a tomato-based sauce all layered into one gooey dish. Think lasagna without as much layering work!
Why You’ll Love This Baked Ziti With White Sauce Recipe
On hectic weekday evenings, it’s challenging to get supper on the table! It’s also more difficult to prepare a meal that everyone will love. Fortunately, this baked ziti with Alfredo sauce should solve your dinner problems and be added to your dinner menus.
Here are some of the reasons why I love this recipe, and I’m sure you will too for the same reasons.
- One of the reasons I love baked ziti is that I can prepare it ahead of time and just toss it in the oven when I am ready to heat it for dinner. It’s an excellent make ahead pasta bake that invovles little fuss. You can even freeze pre-cooked noodles to pull out when you are ready to make this dish!
- The second reason you’ll adore this baked ziti meal is that it’s completely customizable. You can add veggies, seasonings, whatever you’d like. You have the option of adding any type of meat you like to it as well. My favorite way to serve baked ziti alfredo is with Italian sausage, which enhances the flavor and adds some texture to the dish.
- The use of white sauce in this recipe is ideal for those family members who aren’t a fan of traditonal red sauce. Also, if you have stomach acid issues, this is the pasta recipe for you.
Equipment Needed To Make This Pasta Bake With White Sauce
In order to bake your ziti pasta with white Alfredo sauce, you will need a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. If you do not have a baking pan of that size, you may either purchase one from a a local store or order one from Amazon. You also need to prepare a large mixing bowl, measuring tools, and your oven.
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients For Your Ziti Pasta Bake Alfredo
How To Make A Baked Ziti With White Alfredo Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, add cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, and sour cream. Stir until pasta is coated
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with oil and add half of the pasta mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, parmesan, eggs and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Mix until combined
- Pour the mixture over the pasta in the pan. Add remaining pasta on top.
- Spread mozzarella cheese and parsley over the pasta
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 27 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving
What to Serve/Pair with Your Baked Ziti
This pasta bake is a stand-alone meatless meal that is great with a crusty piece of bread and a side salad. You can also serve it as a side to chicken, fish, shrimp, or sausage are all good accompaniments to this white pasta dish. If you prefer to add some veggies to your white pasta bake, you can incorporate broccoli or spinach into your pasta. The combination of these vegetables with the Alfredo sauce is delicious.
Baked Ziti With White Alfredo Sauce FAQs
What veggies work well with this pasta bake?
Can I use other pasta for this pasta bake?
What meat works well with this white pasta dish?
Alfredo sauce in a jar?
Gluten-Free: Newman’s Own Alfredo Pasta Sauce.
Vegan: Primal Kitchen No Dairy Alfredo Sauce.
Classic: RAGÚ Classic Alfredo Sauce
Other Pasta Recipes You’re Sure To Love
- INSTANT POT-CHICKEN ALFREDO WITH PASTA
- CREAMY INSTANT POT SAUSAGE RIGATONI
- EASY, LOADED COLD ITALIAN TORTELLINI SALAD
- SAUSAGE TORTELLINI BAKE