Serve up these Rudolph the red nosed reindeer donuts for Christmas morning. A homemade chocolate donut decorated to look like a reindeer. The perfect breakfast for the holiday season. Give these Rudolph the red nosed reindeer donuts a try this week.
Chocolate donuts are such a festive treat that kids will go nuts for. If you want to try these Rudolph donuts, go for it. It takes minimal effort decorating the top of the donut to look like a reindeer. Pretzel antlers, red m&m red nose, candy eyes, and more.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love the reindeer donuts
- Great for Christmas Eve or Christmas breakfast
- Fun for Christmas movie nights
- Simple ingredients
- Kid friendly
- Cute desserts for holiday parties
Ingredients for Rudolph Donuts
- Flour – You will use all purpose flour for this donut recipe. Scoop into measuring cup and level it off.
- Cocoa Powder – I used classic cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Brown Sugar – Adds a lovely richness to the donuts without overpowering.
- Baking Powder – Helps give you that fluffy texture.
- Coconut Oil
- Milk – You can use any percentage of milk for this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar – If there are a lot of lumps in the sugar, place in a sifter first.
- Heavy Cream – Adds such richness to the glaze.
- Google Eye Sprinkles – This is for decorating the cookies.
- Pretzels – Use to place the pretzels for the antlers of the donuts.
- Peanut M&Ms – Reach for the red M&Ms only for the nose.
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make Reindeer Donuts
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 °F grease your donut pan, and set aside.
Step Two: In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients into a bowl and set it aside. Mix it up to combine ingredients. (Photos 1 & 2)
Step Three: Next, add your wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Once mixed fully, move on. (Photo 3)
Step Four: Work in the dry ingredients, and make sure to scrape down the sides. Then pour the batter into the donut pan. (Photo 4)
Step Five: Bake as directed and allow the donuts to cool completely. (Photo 5)
Step Six: Once donuts are cooled, you will mix up the ingredients for the glaze. Mix until nice and creamy. (Photos 6 & 7)
Step Seven: Then you will break pretzels on top of donut for antlers and eyes under that. Then place the M&M in the middle of the donut. (Photo 8)
Storage and Freezing
Donuts are stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 1-2 days. Like all donuts, these reindeer donuts will dry out pretty quickly.
You can place the donuts in an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 months if you like. Then thaw on the counter until thawed. This takes just an hour or so.
- Swap the coconut oil with vegetable oil or canola oil.
- You can use chocolate frosting to put on donuts instead of a glaze if you want.
- You can use any type of candy eyeballs for the cookies. Or pipe on frosting to make eyes.
- You can swap and use a Skittle or other red candy for the nose.
- If you don’t want to make homemade donuts you can use a chocolate cake mix to make donuts.
- Use a mini donut pan for mini donuts. Just use mini m&m’s for decorating the reindeer nose.
Sure, you can double or even triple the recipe. Just batch cook the donuts and then serve them up fresh.
Donuts are best when served fresh that day. You will find donuts dry out pretty quickly, so I recommend serving the day of. Or making the night before you plan to serve.
Need more breakfast recipes? Try these:
Have you tried these reindeer donuts or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Reindeer Donuts Recipe
- 2 cups (250 g) flour
- ½ cup (43 g) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) salt
- 2 (2) eggs
- ¼ cup (54 ½ g) coconut oil melts
- 1 cup (236 ⅗ ml) milk
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) vanilla
- 1 cup (125 g) powder sugar
- ⅓ (⅓) heavy cream
- 24 (24) google eye sprinkles
- 12 (12) pretzels
- 12 (12) red peanut m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Transfer wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon batter into silicone donut molds and bake for 15 min or until a toothpick inserted in a donut comes out clean.
- To prepare glaze whisk powder sugar and heavy cream, spoon onto the donuts and let drizzle down the sides.
- While the glaze is wet, stick on google eye sprinkles.
- Cut each pretzel in half and poke in the top of the donut for antlers.
- Stick the red m&m in the middle of the donut for Rudolph’s nose