This Christmas Cracker Candy is the perfect Christmas dessert. This easy Christmas Bark is simple to make, but it’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors.
Christmas Cracker Candy is made by melting chocolate over saltine crackers which makes for an absolutely delicious Christmas bark. Saltine Cracker Bark is simple and easy to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen cupboards and refrigerator!
Easy Christmas Bark
This Christmas Cracker Candy Recipe is now one of the most popular Christmas treats and is also known as Christmas bark. Saltine Cracker Bark is different than other Christmas dessert recipes because saltine cracker bark has a sweet and salty taste that is just perfect for Christmas.
This recipe goes by several different names so you will see me use these names in the post. Christmas Cracker Candy, Christmas Crack, and Saltine Cracker Bark are all the same thing. No matter what you call this sweet and salty candy you are going to love it.
Why you should make this
- Easy – With this Easy Christmas Bark recipe there is no need to spend all day in the kitchen slaving over a holiday dessert. This recipe comes together in 30 minutes or less.
- Festive – Christmas sprinkles make Christmas Cracker Candy Recipe colorful and festive.
- Modified – Saltine Cracker Bark is the perfect Christmas treat to modify for allergies or dietary restrictions (i.e., gluten-free, vegan).
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Grinch Sugar Cookie recipe.
What You Need To Make This Best Ever Christmas Cracker Candy Recipe
- saltine crackers
- light brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- Baking Sheet
- Medium Saucepan
How to Make Best Ever Christmas Cracker Candy
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and then line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay crackers out in a single layer to cover the bottom of the pan.
Place the butter and brown sugar into a medium saucepan. Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour mixture over crackers, and spread evenly. You will need to work very quickly, as the mixture will begin to cool. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven, and spread chocolate evenly.
Top with Christmas sprinkles. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Once cool, gently break apart into pieces.
After you’ve made this easy saltine crackers bark recipe, it’s time to store it until it’s all gone. Christmas bark is best stored in an airtight container for up to one week. There’s no need to store this bark in the fridge, just make sure to keep it away from heat sources so that it doesn’t melt!
- Be sure to stir the butter and brown sugar mixture well so that it doesn’t scorch. You don’t want a scorched toffee topping for this Christmas Crack recipe.
- Spread the chocolate and toffee layer evenly on top of your saltine crackers for this easy Christmas dessert recipe.
- To avoid your toffee hardening too much make sure that stop the cooking and remove the toffee from the heat right at the three-minute mark.
- If you want your toffee layer to harden correctly start the three minutes after your brown sugar and butter mixture has reached a full boil.
Substitutions and Variations
Chocolate – Use your favorite chocolate on top of this recipe. You can use white, dark, or even milk chocolate to make this tasty dessert.
Saltines – Is your family gluten-free? Use a gluten-free saltine cracker to make this recipe gluten-free.
Dairy-Free – Dairy-free chocolate and butter can be used to make this recipe if you have concerns about dairy in your family.
Toppings – Skip the sprinkles and top your recipe with red and green M&M’s or other Christmas candy instead.
Can I freeze this Christmas Cracker Recipe?
Can I use other crackers?
Can I add nuts to this recipe?
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy
- Lemon Lime Soda Cupcakes
- Dr. Pepper Cupcakes
- Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats
- Buttery Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Peach Lemonade Popsicles
Christmas Cracker Candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay crackers out in a single layer. You may have to break some apart to fit right.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over crackers, and spread evenly. You will need to work very quickly, as the mixture will begin to cool.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and spread chocolate evenly.
- Top with Christmas sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once cool, gently break apart into pieces.