Everyone is going to love these Cherry Bomb Jello Shots. They’re a great way to enjoy that cherry flavor in a shot! When it comes to jello shot recipes, you’re going to love this one!
Forget about boring cherry cocktails, and whip up these cherry bomb shots instead. They have a great cherry taste, with a lovely maraschino cherry right on top.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this delicious Cherry Bomb Shot
- The flavors of cherry are so good
- This vodka cherry bomb recipe is fast and easy
- You won’t find a shot recipe that tastes quite like this!
Ingredients for Cherry Rum Jello Shots
- Cherry gelatin – Cherry Jell-O is all that’s needed to really give these cherry jello shots that consistency.
- Cherry Coca-Cola – Cherry bomb pop jello shots have to have soda in them!
- Rum – I feel like rum or even citrus vodka would be really delicious. You can use lemon vodka or dark rum.
- Maraschino cherries – This might be optional, but why? Bomb pops need their cherry on top!
How To Make Cherry Jello Shots
- Step One: Add 1 cup of the cola to a pan and boil on the stove.
- Step Two: Add the gelatin to the soda and whisk.
- Step Three: Pour the remaining soda and the rum into the pot and stir the whole time.
- Step Four: Pour that mixture into the shot glasses and put it in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Step Five: Put cherries on top before serving.
How to Store
You have to make sure that you let these firm up in the fridge for 2-3 hours. 4 hours would be best, but do what you can. You can store them in shot glasses, dixie cups, or anything else that you need.
You don’t want to freeze jello shots! These are meant to be made and stored for a short time to enjoy. They are best served within 1-2 days of making them.
- Use different kinds of jello. Try blueberry jello, strawberry jello, dark cherry jello, blue raspberry jello, or even fruit punch jello! The list could go on and on. Any flavor would taste good with plain vodka or rum.
Typically, you need plastic cups, boiling water, alcohol, regular jello, and then sometimes juices and toppings. Most jello shot recipes are created using the same type of steps and ingredients. What will vary is the type of gelatin, the flavor and type of alcohol, and the toppings.
You can! You can add whipped cream, gold sprinkles, more cherries, or anything else! I would recommend that you add toppings to your jello shots right before serving. That way, they’re presentable, and the toppings are fresh and ready.
When you’re a fan of Jell-O shots, you can serve them anytime that you want. You just add them to the little cups or jello shot cups and have them prepped and ready in the fridge.
Jello shots are great for Halloween parties, adult parties, and events and gatherings. They’re also fun to take on camping adventures as long as you have a cooler to store them in. The fun part about making and serving is that you can have a variety of them for various times and holidays, so have fun with it!
Need more Jell-O Shot recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Cherry Bomb Jell-O Shots
- 2 packs cherry gelatin (3 ounces)
- 2 cups (473 ⅙ g) soda cherry coca-cola
- 1 cup (240 g) rum
- Maraschino cherries
- Add 1 cup of the cola to a pan and boil on the stove.
- Add the gelatin into the soda and whisk.
- Pur the remaining soda and the rum into the pot and stir the whole time.
- Pour that mixture into the shot glasses and put in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Put cherries on top before serving.
Get 3 FREE Conversion charts + Bonus!
When you subscribe to the latest updates, recipes, and content.