This banana split dessert is a no bake banana split layered dessert that is a must make. You have a crunchy graham cracker crust that is then topped with a rich and creamy cream cheese layer and topped with fresh sliced bananas, strawberries, pineapple, whipped cream, and peanuts.
All your favorite flavors of a banana split but in a layered dessert. The ultimate summer dessert for you summer pool parties, cookout events, or parties you plan on attending or hosting this year.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works!
- Serves a crowd! You use a 9×13 casserole dish so it makes quite a bit.
- No baking needed for this banana dessert recipe.
- All the flavors and more of a classic banana split recipe.
- Make ahead of time and have the dessert in the fridge ready to slice and serve.
Banana Split Dessert Ingredients Needed
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Graham Crackers – Crumbs that are crushed.
- Butter – Salted, melted.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat, softened.
- Sour Cream – Full fat, can swap with Greek yogurt.
- Powdered Sugar – Confectioner’s sugar, sift if clumps.
- Lemon – Lemon juice, freshly squeezed.
- Vanilla – Extract works great.
- Whipped Cream – Cool Whip or homemade.
- Bananas – Fresh, sliced.
- Strawberries – Fresh and sliced thin.
- Pineapple – Canned, crushed and drained.
- Peanuts – Optional topping
- Chocolate – Chocolate syrup or hot fudge.
- Maraschino cherries – canned, drained from juice.
- Rainbow sprinkles – optional.
What to serve with Banana Dessert
This is the perfect summertime dessert. You can pair with any main dish or serve with your favorite drink for a mid-day snack.
Here are dinner ideas to serve up
How To Make
- Grease your pan, and you will prepare your graham cracker crumb crust. In a bowl, add the crumbs, butter, and salt. Mix well and then press firmly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge to chill. (Photo 1)
- Next, you will grab a large bowl and cream the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix until night and creamy. (Photo 2)
- Add in the powdered sugar mixing slowly. Make sure to scrape down the sides of your bowl. (Photo 3)
- Fold in the cool whip and make sure to mix until combined. (Photo 4)
- Pour the mixture into the dish, and then spread evenly. (Photo 5)
- Top with sliced bananas, berries, and then pineapple. Add on extra Cool Whip. (Photos 6 & 7)
- Refrigerate to allow the banana split dessert to set up.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate, sprinkles, and peanuts if you want. Top with cherries. (Photo 8)
How to Store This Banana Split Dessert
You will want to store your banana split dessert in an airtight container in the fridge. It will store for 4-5 days. You will find the fruit is going to break down and become soggy as it sits on the top. So discard if you need.
Since this is a no bake dessert with fresh fruit, it is recommended not to freeze any leftovers. Just eat and serve what you make before it spoil.
Tips from our Recipe Developer
- You could use a Golden Oreo crust or even vanilla wafer crust.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of Sour Cream.
- You can swap lemon with lime for a twist in flavor.
- The toppings are up to you what you would like to add on top of the no bake dessert.
- Use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool whip if you would like.
- Change up the fruit you place on top to fit what you and your family prefer.
- You need to allow your dessert set up; otherwise when you slice and serve, it will not hold shape.
- Don’t place the bananas on the dessert till right before you serve. Otherwise, they will turn brown.
Yes, go right ahead and leave the bananas off if you want. I get it; they turn brown pretty quickly, so removing them from the topping will work. Or you can add them on top of the cream cheese layer to protect them from getting air to them.
Go ahead and split the recipe in half if you do not want to eat all the 9×13. Just half the recipe and then use an 8×8 or 9×9 size pan.
Need more easy dessert recipes? Try these:
Have you tried my banana split dessert or other recipes on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Printable Recipe Card
No Bake Banana Split Dessert
For the crust:
- 2 ½ cups (210 g) graham cracker crumbs about 3 sleeves
- ¾ cup (170 ¼ g) unsalted butter melted
- ⅛ teaspoon (⅛ teaspoon) salt
For the cream cheese filling:
- 16 ounces (453 ⅗ g) 2 blocks full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup (½ cup) 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup (50 g) sour cream OR greek yogurt
- 1 ½-2 cups (180 g) powdered sugar adjust to sweetness preference
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (226 ⅘ g) Cool Whip OR homemade whipped topping
For the fruit filling and additional toppings:
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside,
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and the salt using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Then add the melted butter and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour the graham cracker crust mixture into the prepared baking pan and press firmly to form an even layer of crust. You can use your fingers or the back of a measuring cup to get it nice and even. Place in the refrigerator to chill as you prepare the cream cheese layer.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, and pure vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and make sure to incorporate any chunks in as well.
- Add the Cool Whip and fold it into the mixture using a rubber spatula until it is well incorporated. Pour it over the prepared graham cracker crust and evenly spread it on top.
- Place the sliced bananas evenly over the cream cheese layer. Add the sliced strawberries evenly over the bananas and then add an even layer of the crushed and drained pineapples.
- Spread the additional Cool Whip evenly on top. Place the dessert into the refrigerator to set for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, drizzle it all over with chocolate syrup. You can pipe some extra whipped cream on top if you desire. Then sprinkled everything with chopped peanuts and rainbow sprinkles. Top it all off with maraschino cherries. Enjoy!