Consider making up a lemonade slushie to sip on this spring and summer. It is a fresh lemonade that is then blended up to a frozen lemonade that is bursting with sweet and tangy flavor. A hydrating and flavorful summer drink recipe.
As the temperatures rise you are going to find this zesty, sweet, and refreshing lemonade drink is going to hit the spot. Whip it up and try it for yourself and see how addictive it is.
Now if you love lemonade, I have a few more variations for you to try out. Adults only can indulge in this rose lemonade. Or try out this sweet watermelon lemonade or try this jalapeno cucumber lemonade.
Table of Contents
What is a lemonade slushie?
Whip up my favorite lemonade and then pour it in a blender with ice and create this icy and sip-able lemonade that is then garnished with mint leaves and lemon slices.
A delicious way to enjoy the sweet and tart flavors in an extra chilled drink.
This Lemonade Slushies Recipe Is…
- Made with fresh lemonade for that vibrant and tangy flavor.
- Use a blender to create a slushie at home that tastes just like ordering it from a restaurant.
- Sippable and delicious summer slushie recipe.
- Kid friendly recipe that is bursting with sweetness.
- You can easily make this into a cocktail for adults.
What’s in a lemonade slushie
- Ice – The first ingredient is ice. This is going to get crushed finely to create that perfect slush texture.
- Lemonade – Reach for some fresh lemonade whether you make from scratch or buy at the store.
- Sugar – Just a little extra sugar to help offer a bit more sweetness.
- Lemon Slices – These are optional but offer a gorgeous presentation value.
- Mint Leaves – The mint adds a nice warmth to the lemonade.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- In a blender, you are going to add your ice, sugar, and lemonade. (Photos 1,2 & 3)
- Blend until smooth.
- Once blended well pour the lemonade into a glass and garnish with lemon and mint leaves.
Tips from our Recipe Developer
- Go right ahead and use a flavored lemonade if you want, or stick with a classic lemonade.
- Use a high speed blender so it will crush the ice really well.
- Feel free to add in some vokda, rum, tequila, or other booze of choice. Add a shot or two to make as strong as you would like.
- Add in a splash of flavored syrup like cherry, strawberry, cranberry, etc. This will add great sweetness. Just omit the sugar in the recipe if you add syrup.
- Instead of lemonade consider limeade for flavor.
These lemonade slushies are best served fresh after it is made. If you do not want to drink it all right away you can freeze it but know it will freeze pretty hard.
What to serve with lemonade slushies
Go right ahead and place in some fresh fruit to the blender and mix it up with the lemonade slushie. It will help sweeten and flavor your slushie easily.
If you purchase lemonade just make sure it was made in a factory of no animal products. This drink should be vegan friendly no problem.
If your slushie is too liquidy just add a bit more ice and then blend it up again. This is going to help thicken up the slush a bit more.
Need more drink recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
- 4 cups ice
- 1 cup lemonade
- 2 tbsp sugar
- lemon slices optional
- mint leaves optional
- Add your ice, lemonade, and sugar into blender.
- Blend on high speed until it was blended well.
- Pour into the glasses and garnish with mint leaves and sliced lemon wedges.
- Lemonade – You can use any flavor of lemonade that you would like, from pink lemonade to blueberry lemonade.
- Fresh Fruit – Add 1/4 cup fresh fruit to add another twist of flavor.
- Blender – Using a high speed blender is going to help break the ice up really well, giving you that slushy texture.
- Alcohol – Add a shot of your favorite alcohol to make this a boozy lemonade slush.