Easy Broccoli Salad takes minutes to make and can easily be tailored to your own liking. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and healthy side dish that is perfect for any occasion!
If you are looking for a healthy no-bake side dish then this is the recipe for you. One of the best things about this recipe is that it goes well with just about any meal.
Why you should make this Low-Carb Broccoli Salad
- Easy to Make – Not much preparation is needed. There are a few ingredients to chop but that’s it.
- Healthy – Broccoli Salad is a great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, as well as other vitamins and minerals.
- Great to Make Ahead – This salad can be made ahead of time and will last in the fridge for a few days.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Chicken Salad with fruit recipe.
- Sour Cream
- White Wine Vinegar
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Onion, minced
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- bacon, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- large pot
- mixing bowl
- cutting board
How to Make Easy Broccoli Salad
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Place a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
Once water is boiling, reduce heat to medium and add broccoli. Blanche for 3-4 minutes, then drain broccoli and shock with a cold water rinse.
While broccoli is blanching, stir together the sour cream and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add both kinds of vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Stir in the red onion, cheddar cheese, and bacon into the sour cream-mayo mixture.
Once the broccoli is blanched and rinsed add to the sour cream-mayo mixture. Stir to coat completely.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Store this Keto Broccoli Salad in the fridge for up to three days. Because this recipe includes mayo and sour cream it is extremely important that you always keep this salad cold.
Tips For Easy Broccoli Salad
- If you want a more tangy salad, add extra vinegar to taste.
- Be sure to allow the salad to chill before serving so that the flavors have time to develop.
- If you want a salad that is more creamy, add additional sour cream and mayonnaise.
- I like to chop my broccoli small so that it cooks quickly. If you would prefer larger broccoli pieces, blanch for a few minutes longer.
- This broccoli salad recipe is easily customizable to your own liking – add in your favorite ingredients or leave out what you don’t like.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you want a bit more crunch in your salad, add in some chopped celery.
- Add chopped red bell pepper for an extra pop of color and crunch!
- Not on keto? Add two tablespoons spoons of sugar to the dressing to give it a sweet taste.
- Add one cup of halved grapes to the salad for an extra sweet flavor.
Easy Broccoli Salad FAQs
Yes, this keto broccoli salad recipe does not include sugar which makes it low-carb friendly.
Yes, you can omit the bacon with no problem.
No, because there is mayo and sour cream in this recipe it cannot be frozen.
More Salad Recipes You May Enjoy
- Fuji Apple Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Mediterranean Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Classic Potato Salad
Easy Broccoli Salad
- Place a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, reduce heat to medium and add broccoli. Blanche for 3-4 minutes, then drain broccoli and shock with a cold water rinse.
- While broccoli is blanching, stir together the sour cream and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add vinegars, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the red onion, cheddar cheese and bacon into the sour cream-mayo mixture.
- Once the broccoli is blanched and rinsed add to the sour cream-mayo mixture. Stir to coat completely.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.