Neapolitan Rice Krispie Treats are a great way to savor all of your favorite flavors in just one mouthful! Three marshmallows, buttery and crispy layers of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry rice Krispies make up this colorful and delectable dessert!
Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect dessert or snack for any occasion. They’re easy to make, but taste delicious and look extra fancy!
Crispy, crunchy, and chewy Rice Krispies Treats are a staple in American kitchens. But we’re not going to settle for the ordinary! This recipe has three layers of flavor: strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. You can get creative with these flavors or use your favorite one (or two!).
Traditional store-bought Rice Krispies Treats tend to have that overly processed factory taste – you know what I am talking about! Nothing beats the ones you make at home — they’re fresh and free of preservatives! These homemade Neapolitan Rice Krispie treats are a big hit for both kids and adults. They are simple to prepare and tasty to eat. This crispy, gooey delicacy is brimming with chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow flavors jam-packed in one bite!
I’ve included instructions on how to make each layer so you know what goes where. Whether you’re looking for an easy dessert recipe or just something new to try out, this will be perfect!
Why You’ll Love This Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- It is very economical to make your own Rice Krispie treats. You can save a ton of money by making them yourself and enjoy as many Krispies as you like.
- Rice Krispie treats are quite easy to make. The best part is that this recipe requires no baking.
- You get the best of all the classic flavors in one bite! Or you can peel each layer apart and savor them one by one!
Equipment Needed To Make Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- 8×8 inch square baking pan or 8 x 11.5 baking pan
- cooking spray
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- food processor
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients For Your Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats
- Rice Krispies
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Package Freeze Dried Strawberries
- (optional red food coloring)
How To Make A Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats
- First grease an 8×8 in a square pan with butter.
- Next place 1 ½ Tbsp of butter and 20 marshmallows in a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until the marshmallows and butter are completely melted.
- Add in the chocolate chips and continue to stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted and thoroughly incorporated in the marshmallows, the entire mixture should be brown.
- Remove from heat and fold in two cups of Rice Krispies until completely coated.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan. I like to coat my hands with butter so that the mixture doesn’t stick. You can also use a spatula if you don’t want to use your hands.
- Now in a clean pan melt another 20 marshmallows and 1 ½ Tbsp butter over medium heat stirring frequently until the marshmallows and butter are melted completely. Remove from the heat and pour in 2 cups of rice krispies and stir until the cereal is completely covered.
- Press this mixture evenly across the top of the chocolate mixture, pressing firmly.
- Now place the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor and process until very finely ground.
- In a clean pan mix together the last 20 marshmallows and 1 ½ Tbsp of butter and melt over medium heat stirring frequently. Once melted stir in ground strawberries until well incorporated. If a deeper red color is desired you can add a little bit of red food coloring) Stir until well mixed.
- Add in the final 2 cups of rice krispies and stir until completely coated.
- Press the strawberry layer on top of the vanilla layer, pressing firmly and evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 9 squares and enjoy! Store in an air tight container.
What to Serve/Pair with Your A Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats
I normally serve my Neapolitan rice Krispies with a scoop of vanilla or strawberry ice cream. The combination of the softness of the ice cream and the crunchiness of the rice Krispies is divine. It’s the perfect combination of texture for a sweet cold dessert!
Neapolitan Rice Krispies Treats FAQs
Can I make Rice Krispie treats in the microwave?
1. Prepare a microwave-safe bowl by greasing it with cooking spray. Add the chocolate chips, butter, and marshmallows to the mixture.
2. Cook for one minute on high power, then remove and swirl until the butter and marshmallows are completely combined.
3. Stir the marshmallows until they are melted, then remove them from heat.
4. In order to melt the marshmallows completely, reheat in 15-second increments, stirring after each one.
What is Rice Krispies made of?
Should Rice Krispie Treats be refrigerated?
Other Easy Treat Recipes You’re Sure To Love
- UNICORN CHEESECAKE ON A STICK: EASY, NO-BAKE DESSERT!
- PUMPKIN POPCORN BALLS
- MINI BAKED DONUTS WITH GLAZE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH DIP