This shark week snack cup is so simple to make, all you need are 4 simple ingredients. A yogurt cup that is topped with sand (graham crackers) and a shark gummy. A fun and creative shark week snack to make.
This shark week-themed snack can be served up for breakfast, a snack, or even a dessert. Turn on the tv and watch the sharks swim, as you devour your yogurt snack cup. Kids and adults will enjoy this recipe.
Why These Shark Week Snack Cups Are A Hit…
- Simple ingredients
- Fun shark-themed treat
- Makes a fun snack for a shark birthday party theme
- Can be made with yogurt or pudding
- Decorate your yogurt cups with fun candy gummies
Also, try my banana cream frozen yogurt, it is so delicious!
How to Make This Shark Week Snack Cups Recipe
Grab your yogurt of choice and add blue food coloring gel to give it an ocean watercolor. Pour the yogurt into a clear container.
Crush up some graham crackers to make crumbs, or buy graham cracker crumbs, and sprinkle part with sand to act like a beach.
Place a shark gummy on top, and serve up this easy and fun kid friendly snack or dessert.
Variations to Recipe
- Use vanilla pudding instead of vanilla yogurt.
- Greek yogurt adds extra protein in, which can be great for kids
- Add different sea-inspired gummies on top to give it more of a beach theme
- Add a cocktail drink umbrellas on the sand for a fun decoration
- Whip up some blue Jello instead of yogurt
- Use crushed Golden Oreos in a swap of graham cracker crumbs.
What is Shark Week?
The Discovery Channel hosts a week-long series of shark shows to learn about sharks, watch their attacks, and so much more.
Shark week started over 30 years ago, and it really becomes a popular week. Shark week is something so many households look forward to as they love all the shows.
does this recipe work for a shark birthday?
Absolutely! Want to use this for a beach party or shark birthday party? Go right ahead. These are so easy to make, and full of sweet flavor, while still being a healthy treat for kids and adults.
Can I make these in advance?
Go right ahead and make your yogurt snack cups in advance. The big thing to pay attention to is not putting the gummy shark on till right before serving. Otherwise, it can sog up a bit.
when is shark week?
July 11th Shark week will be airing on Discovery Channel. It will run through July 18th this year.
what channel is shark week on?
Tune in on the Discovery Channel. Depending on who your cable provider is the channel number may vary.
Can you freeze these yogurt snack cups?
Yogurt is one dairy product I do not recommend freezing. It will alter the texture of the yogurt. So only make what you plan on serving up. This recipe is very easy to adjust measurements.
Looking for More Easy Snack Ideas for Shark Week
- Shark Week under the sea crackers is a decorated graham cracker with an under the sea theme perfect for your snacking desires.
- If you want another sweet idea, try this Shark candy sushi. It a pretend sushi that is made out of candy. Super fun, sweet, and creative.
- For an adult version, try these shark week Jello shots. Blue ocean jello that is topped with a shark gummy.
- Or whip up these life preserver donuts, that act as a lifeguard is gonna swoop in and rescue a swimmer in distress.