Watermelon bites are the perfect summer treat! They’re fresh, easy to make, and so delicious. You can serve them as a simple appetizer, side dish, or even a poolside snack on a hot summer afternoon.
The combination of silky cream cheese and feta with juicy, sweet watermelon is absolutely delectable. Watermelon is also super nutritious, which makes this a healthy summer dish!
When you make these watermelon bites, you’ll finish them up with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. These garnishes really elevate the flavor of the watermelon bites.
If you’re hosting a party, these are easy to make in large amounts! Your guests will love how fresh and delicious they are, and you’ll love the easy prep. It’s a perfect recipe!
Table of Contents
Why You Should Make These Watermelon Bites
Is there any fruit more summery than watermelon? I don’t think so!
Taking advantage of fresh fruit in the summer is always a good idea. That’s why incorporating watermelon into these delicious bites was such a great move! The watermelon is juicy, sweet, and matches so well with the creamy cheeses in this recipe.
If you’ve never made a savory dish featuring watermelon, you’re missing out!
You can add it to your favorite summer salads, cook it on the grill, make drinks with it, or make appetizers like these watermelon bites. Serve these watermelon bites as an appetizer, a side dish, or a party treat.
The sweet fruit and salty, creamy whipped feta go so well together. And the balsamic glaze is a sweet, tangy complement for the dish that wraps the flavors up perfectly!
This dish is great because of its texture, too. You have juicy watermelon, creamy cheese, and crunchy chopped pistachios. What more could you ask for in a summer snack?
How To Make Watermelon Bites
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
Making these watermelon bites is actually super simple. After preparing the different ingredients, it’s just a matter of assembling. That makes prepping parts of this dish in advance and finishing up the day of a party easier than ever!
First, you’re going to make your whipped feta! Throw feta, cream cheese, and half-and-half into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. You can use an immersion blender, hand mixer, or even a whisk if you don’t have those tools on hand.
Next, you’ll need to make your balsamic glaze. Of course, you can use store-bought balsamic glazes, but making it is way easier than you’d think! Basically, you’ll slowly boil balsamic vinegar until it reduces by half and gets thicker. This makes it much sweeter and has a better consistency for drizzling!
Then it’s time to assemble your watermelon bites. You’ll layer up watermelon, whipped feta, basil, and another layer of watermelon and feta. Garnish with chopped pistachios, balsamic drizzle, and an extra basil sprig if you’d like!
Watermelon bites really are the perfect dish to make this summer. Whether you’re looking for a fun lunch option, a delicious appetizer, or something unique for your next summer barbecue, these are delicious and easy!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Fresh Watermelon Bites With Whipped Feta
- Place cream cheese, Feta, and half & half in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, and cook until the liquid is reduced by one-half and starts to cling to the back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to use.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze onto a serving platter and carefully arrange half of the watermelon squares on top.
- Transfer some of the whipped Feta mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip (or use a plastic sandwich bag with one of the bottom corners removed). Pipe the whipped Feta onto each watermelon square on the platter and top each with some fresh basil. Refill the pastry or plastic bag as necessary.
- Place another slice of watermelon on top of the basil and gently press down to secure. Top each appetizer with some of the remaining whipped Feta and chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately garnished with small sprigs of fresh basil and a light drizzle of the remaining balsamic glaze, if desired. Enjoy!
Small sprigs of fresh basil