This recipe for creamy instant pot sausage rigatoni is simple to make, quick to prepare, and full of flavor! It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and full of Italian goodness! Serve with your favorite garlic bread and a side salad.
Who doesn’t love a good pasta dish? Especially one that is creamy, hearty, and ready in just 30 minutes. This recipe for Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni will have you coming back for seconds! The dish starts with Italian sausage which is cooked to perfection before being mixed with fresh spinach, chicken broth, and crushed tomatoes. It’s then combined with rigatoni noodles and topped off with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. A simple, yet satisfying meal that your whole family will enjoy!
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Your Instant Pot Chicken Sausage Rigatoni
This recipe is for an instant pot with a capacity of either 8-quart or 6-quart. If you don’t have access to an instant pot, you can use a 6-quart or 8-quart electric pressure cooker instead. You can also make this recipe without an instant pot, you’ll just need to treat the sausage steps as a sauce and boil your noodles separately. Other equipment you’ll need to make this Creamy Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni.
- a cutting board
- chef’s knife
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- preps bowls
- a garlic press
- a large wooden or silicone spoon
- a meat chopper
- large and small liquid measuring cups
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients for Creamy Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni
- Italian sausage (I used Chicken)
- rigatoni pasta
- yellow onion
- red pepper
- minced garlic
- olive oil
- crushed tomatoes
- chicken broth
- grated parmesan
- heavy cream
- baby spinach
How to Make Rigatoni Pasta in an Instant pot
- Set instant pot to sauté and add 1 tablespoon of oil and diced vegetables. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sliced sausage and continue to sauté until sausage has a nice brown crust.
- Add broth to deglaze the bottom of the Instant pot and add crushed tomatoes.
- Add pasta and spinach and seal the instant pot as well as the pressure valve. Cook on high pressure for seven minutes and quick release manually when finished
- Once finish remove the lid and add Parmesan and cream and stir for a few minutes. Sauce will thicken.
What To Serve With Your Instant Pot Rigatoni
You can’t go wrong with a simple salad and garlic bread, but if you are craving something green and acidic then my balsamic glazed brussel sprouts make a great side dish for this pasta. For dessert go for something fresh like a peach galette, blackberry dump cake, or banana cream frozen yogurt!
Storing your Creamy Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni
To store leftovers in the refrigerator, allow the pasta dish to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container and storing it in the fridge. It will remain good for 3-5 days.
If you want you can freeze it. BUT be warned that due to the cream and the tomatoes it may separate when thawing and reheating. This won’t affect the taste, it just won’t look as appetizing. Allow the pasta to cool to room temperature before placing it in a freezer-safe container to be used later. It will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to Reheat Leftover Creamy Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni
It’s best to reheat this rigatoni recipe on the stovetop to avoid drying out the noodles in the microwave. Using a saucepan reheat your pasta on medium-low heat you may want to add a little chicken broth, water, or heavy cream to the bottom of the pot if your sauce needs some more moisture.
Creamy Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni Variations
Since this dish is very flexible, you can use a variety of ingredients to modify the dish.
Here are a few suggestions for modifying this dish to fit your family’s preferences:
- The flavor of sausage might be spicy, moderate, or sweet.
- You can use sausage made from pork, turkey, or chicken. Vegan sausage can be used as well!
- You can use any jarred marinara or spaghetti sauce you like. Choose the one that your family enjoys the most.
- To make this meal even more cheesy and creamy, substitute your favorite cheese.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You Will Love
- INSTANT POT-CHICKEN ALFREDO WITH PASTA
- INSTANT POT-JAMBALAYA
- INSTANT POT-ITALIAN TOMATO CHICKEN PENNE
- INSTANT POT-STUFFED PEPPERS
- INSTANT POT MAC & CHEESE WITH CRISPY TOPPING