This cold tortellini pasta salad dish is bursting with Italian flavors that will bring your tastebuds straight to Italy! It’s loaded with delectable ingredients such as tortellini, pepperoni, Monterey Jack cheese, black olives, and bell peppers, all of which are combined in a zesty Italian dressing for a flavorful, hearty pasta salad!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dish to make, loaded cold Italian tortellini salad is perfect. This easy, loaded cold pasta salad is perfect for a quick and easy meal or side dish. It’s loaded with pepperoni, Monterey Jack cheese, black olives, and bell peppers tossed in an herbaceous Italian dressing. The acidity of the vinegar & oil salad dressing base balances out all the flavors to create this quick-and-easy recipe that will please everyone!
Why you’ll love Easy, Cold Italian Loaded Tortellini Salad With Pepperoni!
There are several reasons why you will love this Italian Pasta Salad!
- Italian Tortellini Salad is a well-round meal, for nights that you’re craving something different! It has a good source of carbohydrates, calcium, fiber, and protein.
- The crisp bell peppers with mixed with the aldente tortilleni gives it an array of textures!
- Easy to cook and prepare and can be made ahead! You just cook the pasta until al dente and then combine it with all the other ingredients. Voila! You now have salad and pasta in one meal.
- It’s Filling! This pasta dish will keep you full throughout the day without feeling overly full and heavy. It is a go-to wasy lunch for school or work.
Equipment Needed for Cold Italian Tortellini Salad
For this pasta salad recipe if you haven’t premade your tortellini you’ll need a large saucepan to boil them in. You’ll also need a cutting board and knife to prep your veggies. For the most part, this recipe is a quick chop-and-throw-together meal, so you’ll need a large mixing bowl to put all the ingredients in!
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 fresh tortellini pasta, any flavor ( I used the 3 cheese in this recipe)
- mini pepperoni
- Monterey jack cheese
- black olives
- red, orange, and green bell pepper
- oil & vinegar salad dressing
- dry onion
- dry Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Cold Italian Tortellini Salad With Pepperoni
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions, set aside, and let cool
- Cube the cheese, and bell peppers keeping them bite sized
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss until well combined
- Chill at least an hour before serving to allow flavors to come together
What to Serve/Pair with Your Cold Italian Tortellini Salad With Pepperoni
Italian Tortellini Salad is best paired with chicken or fish. A glass of Italian red wine (or any red wine) is the perfect drink to pair with this dish. The cheese and the olive blend well with the wine or if you want something with a little carbonation a peach and gin fizz will hit the spot.
Easy, Loaded Cold Italian Tortellini Salad With Pepperoni FAQs
What other cheese and meat I can use for the Tortellini Salad
If you don’t want to use pepperoni, you can use salami or any other cured meat. If you don’t like any of these meats, use ham. You can even add tuna to this pasta salad for a lighter version! To replace the Monterey jack cheese, you can use pepper jack, provolone, or even swiss cheese!
You can also add different vegetables to the salad. I’m not a big fan of carrots in pasta salads but if that’s your thing, go for it. You can also try zucchini and raw broccoli florets with this recipe too! Add whatever veggies you have on hand.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Seasoning?
The dressing for this tortellini salad is pretty simple but you can dress it up with some buffalo sauce if that’s your thing! If not, try adding a little bit of cayenne pepper to give it an extra kick of heat. I used olive oil in my recipe but vegetable or grapeseed oils would work too.
Can I make the Italian Tortellini Salad in advance?
Yes, this Italian pasta dish is an excellent pack-in meal. Just make sure you place the veggies, pasta, and dressings in airtight containers. Separating them can keep the pasta al dente and the veggies crunchy. The last thing you want is soggy pasta and vegetables.
How long is the tortellini salad good for?
Cover the bowl of the leftover cold tortellini salad using plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. It should last for 3 to 5 days in the fridge.
Other Salad Recipes You May Love!
- HEALTHY BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD
- GARDEN VEGGIE MASON JAR SALAD WITH HOMEMADE DRESSING
- MEDITERRANEAN INSPIRED QUINOA SALAD
- THAI INSPIRED SALAD