Copycat Chickfila Coleslaw is an easy side dish to put together. It has just enough sweetness and crunch to make it a delicious compliment to any meal.
If you are looking for a family-friendly side dish that doesn’t require turning on the stove then this is the recipe for you. With this homemade coleslaw recipe, there is no need to be sad that the Chickfila slaw is discontinued, because you can make it at home now.
Why you should make this Chick fil a Slaw Recipe
- Tastes just like Chickfila – It has the perfect combination of flavors. Not too spicy, not too sweet.
- Ready in minutes – This recipe will be ready before your main dish is done cooking.
- Good for any occasion – This is the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck or BBQ or as a side dish for a regular meal.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Easy Broccoli Salad recipe.
- White Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- English-style Mustard
- Coleslaw Mix
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
How to Make Copycat Chickfila Coleslaw
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the mayonnaise and sugar until sugar appears to be mostly dissolved.
Stir in the vinegar, mustard, and salt, to taste.
Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat completely in the coleslaw dressing.
Refrigerate overnight for best flavor, but it can be served immediately as well.
Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Tips For Copycat Chickfila Coleslaw
- Instead of using pre-shredded coleslaw mix, you can shred your own cabbage and carrots and use that.
- For this recipe to taste like the Chick fil a coleslaw you will need to use mayo and not Miracle Whip.
- White vinegar can be used instead of apple cider vinegar.
- Make this recipe vegan by using egg-free mayo.
Substitutions and Variations
- Add a small amount of sour cream for an extra tangy coleslaw.
- Add some spice to it by using spicy brown mustard instead of English-style mustard.
- Make it spicy by adding 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce to the coleslaw dressing.
- Add dill pickles, celery, and crushed potato chips to the coleslaw for a more Tex-Mex twist.
Copycat Chickfila Coleslaw FAQs
Yes, it is as long as you use gluten-free mayo.
Coleslaw will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to two days.
More Salad Recipes You May Love
- Dill Pasta Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Feta
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Chicken Salad with Fruit
- Cranberry Pomegranate Salad
Copycat Chickfila Coleslaw
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the mayonnaise and sugar until sugar appears to be mostly dissolved.
- Stir in the vinegar, mustard, and salt, to taste.
- Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat completely in the coleslaw dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor, but it can be served immediately as well.