Dill Pasta Salad is a healthy pasta salad that is made with fresh dill, cheese, and fresh lemon flavors. If you are looking for an easy and cheesy side dish this recipe is perfect for you.
Dill Pasta Salad is an easy and quick side dish to make with fresh ingredients that are family-friendly and oh so tasty. This is the perfect side dish to help you beat the heat this summer.
Why you should make this Dill Macaroni Salad
Easy to Make – You can make this Dill Macaroni Salad recipe in 15 minutes or less. Serve this delicious side dish to your family and guests, they will love it.
Family-Friendly – This Dill Pasta Salad recipe is perfect for kids and adults alike. If you are looking for a recipe that everyone can enjoy then look no further.
Budget-friendly – Want to get dinner on the table fast? This recipe is not only budget-friendly but also doesn’t require a ton of ingredients.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Heirloom Tomato Salad with Feta recipe.
- Pasta (used medium shells shown in pictures)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Fresh Dill, chopped
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Large pot
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
How to Make Dill Pasta Salad
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Drain but do not rinse the pasta.
Place pasta in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to coat completely.
Sprinkle in lemon zest and dill, toss to distribute, then add lemon pepper seasoning and feta cheese. Taste and adjust, as desired.
Enjoy warm or refrigerate until cool.
Store in an airtight container. This pasta salad with dill can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.
- Make sure that all your pasta is cooked through before making your pasta salad.
- Use fresh dill if you can find it. If not, dried dill will work just fine.
- You can add more or less lemon juice and lemon zest based on your preference.
- Make this recipe your own with your favorite flavors. Try adding different types of cheese or herbs to make the perfect side dish for you and your family.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can substitute fresh parsley for the dill and add in a bit of oregano.
- Add in some sliced or diced carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes to make this recipe even more healthy.
- For a creamy dill pasta salad, add in sour cream or mayonnaise.
- If you love dill flavor you can add sliced dill pickles to your pasta salad with dill.
Dill Pasta Salad FAQs
Yes, you can make this salad up to 24 hours ahead.
If you are not a fan of feta you can use any type of cheese that you enjoy.
You can use any type of pasta with this recipe. Shells, bow ties, spiral noodles, ditalini, or elbow macaroni will work great in this dill pasta salad recipe. (I used the medium shells in this recipe)
More Salad Recipes You May Enjoy
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Mediterranean Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Chicken Salad with Fruit
- Fuji Apple Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
Dill Pasta Salad
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain but do not rinse the pasta.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to coat completely.
- Sprinkle in lemon zest and dill, toss to distribute, then add lemon pepper seasoning and feta cheese. Taste and adjust, as desired.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate until cool.