Pumpkin Chiffon Pie is a favorite Fall dessert. This homemade pumpkin pie is creamy and fluffy and will quickly become your favorite pie to make.
Pumpkin Chiffon is an airy pie that is typically not baked. Chiffon pies are usually beat with a mixer to make them light and airy instead of a typical dense pie filling.
Why you should make this Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe:
Fall Flavors: Pumpkin Chiffon is a great recipe for holiday baking as it is filled with comforting fall flavors.
Beautiful Design: The whipped cream topping makes this pumpkin pie look professional and with less effort than a typical pie.
Easy to Make: The ingredients come together quickly and easily to make this recipe a no-fail!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these Pumpkin Cheesecakes Bars.
What You Need To Make This Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe
- gingersnap cookies, crushed
- butter, melted
- whipping cream
- Toasted pecans
- Pie Plate
- Mixing bowls
How to Make This Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Mix the crust ingredients and press into the pie plate, chill one hour or until firm.
Beat egg yolks slightly and slowly stir in some of the gelatin mixtures to temper your yolks. Once you temper the yolks, add them to the saucepan.
Stir in pumpkin, bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Transfer to a large bowl, cover, and chill for 30 minutes.
Beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form then fold into pumpkin mixture
Fill the crust with the pumpkin chiffon filling and then chill for at least 4 hours.
Serve with whipped cream and toasted pecans.
Store your no-bake chiffon pumpkin pie in the fridge for up to three days after it has been prepared.
- You can make the pie filling one day ahead of time which will save you time when it comes to putting together your pie.
- Refrigerate this dessert overnight for an easy-made ahead dessert.
- This pumpkin pie is best served cold so be sure to keep your pumpkin chiffon refrigerated until you are ready to serve it.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you do not want to use pecans as a garnish, try using chopped walnuts instead.
- Be creative and add your own spin on this dish by adding chocolate chunks or leave it plain and simple.
- Toppings such as dollops of whipped cream or even a sweet cookie lining the edge of crust add a beautiful and creative touch.
- If you want your pumpkin chiffon to be a little more firm, substitute gelatin with agar-agar powder or pectin.
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie FAQs
Can I freeze Pumpkin Chiffon Pie?
How do I thaw No-Bake Chiffon Pumpkin Pie?
Does Pumpkin Chiffon Pie need to be refrigerated?
More Pumpkin Recipes You May Enjoy
Making titles normal using upper and lower case. Set as a list (bullet Points) and right-click to open in a new tab.
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
- Pumpkin Popcorn Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Pumpkin Pie Cookies
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- Pie Plate
- mixing bowls
- 1 ¼ cups gingersnap cookies crushed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Toasted pecans
- Mix crust ingredients and press into pie plate, chill one hour or until firm
- In a saucepan combine sugar, gelatin, cinnamon, allspice, salt, ginger, nutmeg, milk – cook over medium heat until gelatin dissolves
- Beat egg yolks slightly and slowly stir in some of the mixture then put all in saucepan
- Stir in pumpkin, bring to gentle boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover, and chill for 30 minutes
- Beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form then fold into pumpkin mixture
- Fill crust and chill for 4 hours
- Serve with whipped cream and toasted pecans