Gatorade slushie is a simple and refreshing frozen refreshing drink that kids and adults will both enjoy. This is a very easy frozen Gatorade that uses any flavor of Gatorade, ice, and sugar. So learn how to make slushies at home with easy everyday ingredients and a blender.
What makes this recipe great is you will get the electrolytes and a frozen drink to help cool you down on a hot day. We love making these up for a day out in the sun after a pool day.
Table of Contents
What is a Gatorade slushie?
Gatorade slushies are simply ice, Gatorade of choice, and sugar. Blend it up and then you have a super chilly and icy drink to sip on. Just grab any of your favorite flavors of Gatorade and enjoy it for yourself.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- A frozen slushie made at home in minutes! You will love how easy it is to make yourself.
- Another great thing about this recipe is it is budget friendly to make.
- It takes minutes to whip up and get it served up.
- Kid friendly drink that they will love.
- Any flavor of Gatorade or even Powerade works for this recipe.
What’s in this Gatorade Slush
- Gatorade – Any flavor.
- Sugar – This is optional but it helps to create that frozen slushie texture.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Add ingredients into blender, and blend for 2-3 minutes. (Photos 1,2,3 & 4)
- Once the ice is broken down and a slushie consistency, pour into a glass and enjoy.
- Any flavor of Gatorade works for this recipe.
- The sugar is going to seize up the ice and help give you that blended. Without the sugar, it won’t have that slushie texture you want, it will be more clumpy.
- Sugar substitutes can be used but it is going to be best to use granulated sugar.
- Ensure your Gatorade is chilled already so it doesn’t melt the ice too fast.
- Once blended, make sure to serve right away or it will melt. These are not a make ahead type of drink.
- A high speed blender is a must, as a lower powered one will not chop up the ice enough.
Unfortunately, this is a drink that will not be one that you can make and store. It will freeze and harden like a block of ice. So only make what you plan to drink at the time. You can make small or large batches depending on what you prefer.
What to serve with this homemade slushie
If you want feel free to pair it with some bbq chicken, potato salad, and a scoop of baked beans for a perfect summer dinner. Or you can just sip as a mid-day snack.
Or consider pairing with some snacks like this easy pineapple salsa. It is a great summer snack as it is so refreshing and light.
Frequently Asked Questions
Freezing Gatorade on its own can create a slush texture in the beginning stages of freezing. But after it has been frozen for an extended amount of time, it will freeze hard like ice.
Unfortunately, this slush recipe will freeze like ice so it won’t work. This slush recipe is best to make up and serve right away.
Yes, you can make as much or as little of a slush you want using the blender. Just make sure you don’t go over the max amount of liquid the blender calls for. If you want extra, just batch mix the ingredients.
Need more drink recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Printable Recipe Card
- 4 Cups Ice
- 1 Cup Gatorade
- 3 Tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
- Add ingredients into the blender. And blend for 2-3 minutes or until it is a slush texture and ice has broken down.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Flavor – Any flavor of Gatorade will work for this recipe.
- Sugar – The granulated sugar seizes up the ice, which creates the slush texture. You can use a sugar substitute but know it will alter the texture of the slush a bit.
- Serve Right Away – This slush needs to be served right away. Otherwise, you will find it melts and becomes watered down.
- High Speed Blender – I recommend using a high speed blender as you need it to be powerful enough to break down the ice.