Watermelon lemonade is a refreshing and delicious drink made from a blend of fresh watermelon juice and lemonade. It’s a perfect summer beverage that combines the sweetness of watermelon with the tartness of lemonade. Learn how to make watermelon lemonade with a few simple ingredients.
This thirst-quenching drink combines the sweetness of watermelon with the tartness of lemonade, resulting in a delicious and satisfying beverage that is perfect for hot days or any time you want a refreshing and tasty drink. Try making it at home for a delicious twist on traditional lemonade!
Table of Contents
Reason Why You Need To Try This Recipe
- Sweet and Tangy: The combination of sweet watermelon juice and tangy lemonade creates a balanced and flavorful drink that is perfect for quenching thirst on hot days.
- Hydrating: Watermelon is also known for its hydrating properties, making it an excellent choice for a refreshing summer drink.
- Fresh Watermelon: You will use fresh watermelon that is ripe and fresh and bursting with sweetness.
- Customize: Customize your lemonade with your favorite flavors to create a variety of flavors to enhance your drink.
Ingredients In Watermelon Lemonade
- Water: Filtered.
- Sugar: Granulated Sugar.
- Watermelon: De-seeded, cubed.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice.
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make
- Add sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat. Reduce the sugar water by half. (Photo 1)
- Once reduced, remove from heat and cool. (Photo 2)
- In a blender, you will add your watermelon and puree until smooth. (Photo 3)
- Run the watermelon juice through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds and pulp. (Photo 4)
- Next, add 3 cups of watermelon puree in a pitcher. (Photo 5)
- Add the sugar water and mix to combine. Then work in the lemon juice. (Photo 6)
- Taste and serve with ice and watermelon wedge garnish. (Photos 7 & 8)
- Add herbs: Try adding some fresh herbs like mint, basil or rosemary to your watermelon lemonade for a unique and refreshing twist.
- Use different sweeteners: Experiment with different sweeteners like honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup to give your lemonade a different taste.
- Make it a cocktail: Add a splash of vodka or rum to your watermelon lemonade to turn it into a delicious summer cocktail.
- Add other fruit juices: Try adding other fruit juices like orange, grapefruit, or pineapple to your watermelon lemonade to give it a more complex flavor.
- Make it a slushie: Freeze your watermelon lemonade in an ice cube tray and blend it with a little extra watermelon juice for a delicious watermelon slushie.
- Make it a sparkling drink: Add some sparkling water or soda to your watermelon lemonade to make it a fizzy and refreshing drink.
- Use different citrus juices: Try using lime or grapefruit juice instead of lemon juice for a different taste.
Watermelon lemonade can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To store it, transfer the lemonade to an airtight container or pitcher and place it in the refrigerator.
Before storing, make sure the lemonade has cooled to room temperature. If you need to cool it quickly, you can add some ice cubes to the pitcher and place it in the refrigerator.
If you want to store the lemonade for a longer period, you can freeze it in ice cube trays or freezer-safe containers. When you’re ready to drink it, simply thaw it in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Keep in mind that freezing and thawing may affect the texture of the lemonade, but the flavor should remain intact.
What To Serve With Lemonade
Meats: Lemonade pairs well with a variety of meats like hot cheeto chicken tenders, sheet pan fajitas, or bacon wrapped salmon. The acidity of the lemonade can help cut through the richness of the meat.
Salads: A crisp green salad or fruit salad is a perfect match for a glass of lemonade. The refreshing flavors of both will complement each other well.
Yes, you can use different types of lemonade to make watermelon lemonade, including homemade or store-bought lemonade. You can also experiment with different citrus juices, such as lime or grapefruit, for a different taste.
Yes, you can add alcohol to watermelon lemonade to make it a refreshing summer cocktail. Vodka or rum are popular choices that pair well with the fruity flavors of watermelon and lemonade.
If you don’t have a blender, you can mash the watermelon with a fork or potato masher and then strain the juice through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any seeds or thick pieces of watermelon.
You can adjust the sweetness of watermelon lemonade by adding more or less sugar to the sugar syrup or by using a different sweetener, such as honey or agave nectar. You can also add more or less lemon juice to adjust the tartness of the drink.
Need more drink recipes? Try these:
- Shark Bite Drink
- Pina Colada
- Jolly Rancher Vodka (Use as Shot or Cocktail)
- See all our drink recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Easy Watermelon Lemonade
- 3 ½ cups (828 g) Water
- ½ cup (100 g) White Sugar
- 7 cups (1 kg) Cubed Watermelon approximately 1 seedless or 1/2 normal watermelon
- ½ cup (122 g) Lemon Juice
- Combine ½ cup water and sugar in a saucepan and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, place watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl and pour watermelon puree over to remove any seeds or thick pieces of watermelon.
- Measure out 3 cups of watermelon puree into a pitcher.
- Add the sugar-water syrup into the pitcher, followed by the lemon juice and the remaining 3 cups of water.
- Taste and adjust to personal preferences.
- Serve over ice with a watermelon wedge garnish.
- Watermelon – You will strain on using a fine mesh strainer to remove any chunks or seeds.
- Sweetness – You can add less or more sugar to sweeten the lemonade.
- Refrigerate – Refrigerate your lemonade until you are ready to serve. It will spoil if left out at room temperature.
Get 3 FREE Conversion charts + Bonus!
When you subscribe to the latest updates, recipes, and content.