Lemon garlic butter shrimp is the perfect way to cook up fresh shrimp! The succulent shrimp paired with the rest of the simple ingredients make this ultimate 20-minute meal the best. It’s sure to be a family favorite from the very first bite!
When it comes to an easy weeknight dinner that will be on the dinner table fast, this lemon garlic butter shrimp recipe is the one! This dish has so much flavor and is a great alternative to ordering takeout! You’re going to obsess over the buttery sauce.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these Cilantro Lime Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos!
Why you’ll love this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- The juicy shrimp is perfect for whipping up for date nights or an easy recipe for the week.
- Pair with cauliflower rice, and you’ll have a delicious low carb meal
- The large shrimp paired with lemon butter sauce offers a fantastic flavor
- Unsalted butter – If you have to use salted butter, you can, but it will make the shrimp really salty.
- Minced garlic – Garlic powder can work in a pinch if you don’t have fresh garlic.
- Jumbo shrimp – Use plump shrimp that is already deveined.
- Large lemon – Fresh lemon squeezed over the top is delicious.
- Ground cumin – The perfect ingredient to bring out the flavor.
How To Make this Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step Two: Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp start to turn pink.
Step Three: Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and ground cumin to the skillet and stir to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and remove from heat.
Step Four: Spoon shrimp mixture over a bed of cooked quinoa, brown rice, or your favorite gluten-free pasta. Drizzle some pan juices over each serving and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leftovers are a great way to enjoy the flavors of this easy dinner again. Store the leftovers in an airtight container and keep them chilled in the fridge.
Substitutions or Variations
Add red pepper flakes – You can kick up the heat easily by adding some spice!
The lemon garlic butter sauce of this recipe pairs well with just about anything. Lemon hair pasta or zucchini noodles are two of my favorites!
If the shrimp has a hard or rubbery texture, it means that you overcooked the shrimp. Make sure that you’re following the recipe card below to stay on track with the cooking time.
What to eat with Cooked Shrimp
Here are some other recipes that you can easily pair with this dish!
- Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 5 Ingredient Viral Tiktok Pasta Chips Recipe
- Zucchini Noodles with an Arrabbiata Sauce
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
- Cilantro Lime Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Roasted Garlic Dip
- See all our dinner recipes!
Have you tried this Shrimp with Butter and Garlic or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or My Facebook Group! For more incredible recipes!
Lemon-Garlic Jumbo Shrimp
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs garlic minced
- 1 lb Jumbo shrimp 10/15 ct., peeled, deveined, and tail removed
- 1 lemon large, zest and juice
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp start to turn pink.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and ground cumin to the skillet and stir to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and remove from heat.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over a bed of cooked quinoa, brown rice, or your favorite gluten-free pasta. Drizzle some pan juices over each serving and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
I love this shrimp recipe! So quick and easy. The cumin added lovely flavor!
Love how easy and healthy this recipe is!! And so flavorful too!
I can’t believe how easy this recipe is, and the flavor of the shrimp is AMAZING. This one will be on permanent dinner rotation at our house!
super delicious large and tasty shrimp! I love the lemon garlic sauce
Gina Abernathy says
Easy weeknight dinners are always welcome in my home. After working all day, it’s nice to have dinner on the table in minutes. Shrimp is my daughters favorite food. She loves this recipe.