Whip up this garlic butter shrimp for an easy weeknight dinner that is made with fresh shrimp, and a homemade garlic butter sauce that makes this shrimp melt in your mouth. Serve over a bed of rice, pair with your favorite roasted vegetables, or even some risotto. No matter what you serve with this shrimp recipe it is sure to please.
When you drizzle fresh lemon juice over the shrimp it will enhance the flavors tremendously. Pair with some crusty bread and slather up the extra sauce on your plate. This is a great recipe for when you have a busy weeknight and are on the hunt for easy dinners.
Table of Contents
A Few Reasons Why This Shrimp Recipe Is So Popular
- Easy Recipes The Whole Family Enjoys
- Simple Ingredients
- Oven Baked Shrimp
- Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- Fresh or Frozen Shrimp Can Be Used
- Delicious Flavors
- Homemade Garlic-Butter Sauce
Ingredients for Oven Baked Shrimp
This is one of the easiest shrimp recipe that I have made. It is great for a quick weeknight dinner when you need something with minimal prep. Just whip it up and drizzle with the garlicky shrimp and ring the dinner bell.
- Shrimp – You will want to use a pound of shrimp for this recipe. Now you can use large, medium or even jumbo shrimp for this recipe.
- Butter – Real butter is needed for this recipe, not margarine.
- Garlic Cloves – Smashed or minced garlic is what you will need for this recipe.
- Italian Seasoning – So for this recipe I used an Italian seasoning blend to help elevate the flavor of the shrimp.
- Paprika – The paprika adds a nice color but also a hint of flavor to the shrimp.
- Salt – You will use salt to bring out flavors but also flavor to taste at the end.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice pairs perfectly with the shrimp. You will find it really brings out tons of flavor to the shrimp.
How To Make Garlic Butter Shrimp
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then prep your 8×8 baking dish and set it aside.
Step Two: Now, you will add your shrimp to the baking dish and spread in an even layer. (Photo 1)
Step Three: Then in a small saucepan you will add butter, and garlic and melt down until it becomes fragrant. This takes just a couple of minutes. (Photo 2)
Step Four: Stir in the seasonings and then once well mixed pour over the shrimp. (Photos 3 & 4)
Step Five: Place the shrimp in the oven and cook until it is no longer pink. Once it is done drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve how you would like. (Photos 5 & 6)
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerate any shrimp you do not eat right away. It needs to be stored in an airtight container. The seafood will last 1-2 days in the fridge. Then just eat leftover shrimp cold or warm it up if you would like.
To warm the shrimp up, you can warm up in a skillet, or heat in the microwave.
Tips from our Recipe Developer
- You can add in a splash of chicken broth to richen the sauce even more.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley to add depth of flavor but also a gorgeous presentation value.
- Ensure you do a single layer of shrimp in the baking dish, or it will not cook evenly.
- If you use unsalted butter add salt to the dish. If you use salted butter, then omit the salt in recipe.
- The shrimp thaws quickly when it is ran under cold water. Do this if you are working with frozen shrimp. That way you get an even cook on this quick meal.
- Spice up the shrimp with some red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or a splash of hot sauce.
- Richen the sauce even more with a splash of your favorite dry white wine.
- Fresh garlic and fresh herbs truly enhance the flavor of the shrimp as it bakes.
- Top with some black pepper and extra sauce and a splash of lemon juice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a 9×13 pan and feel free to double the recipe to create a larger batch of this lemon garlic shrimp. It is great for serving up guests, or just your family. It is a quick recipe I always keep on hand for those nights I don’t want to cook.
You will find this is considered a low carb or keto friendly recipe as it is minimal carbohydrates to be made. So don’t wait and try out this shrimp for a perfect quick dinner.
What to serve with baked shrimp
Need more weeknight dinner recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Egg Salad
- See all our main dish recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (177 °C)
- Place shrimp in an even layer in an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in seasoning, then remove from heat and pour over the shrimp.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over shrimp and serve.