This white chocolate patriotic fudge is topped with Pop rocks so each bite truly pops with flavor. A red, white, and blue fudge that screams 4th of July or Memorial Day with each bite. Try this pop-rock fudge today, for a sweet treat.
Have you ever made fudge with frosting? If not, you are going to be amazed at how easy it is to make. This canned frosting fudge is one of my go-to’s for those last-minute desserts I want to whip up before my guests arrive.
Consider making these Jack Daniel’s patriotic cupcakes, 4th of July chocolate lollipops, or consider this layered berry cake.
What is Patriotic fudge
This patriotic fudge is a white chocolate fudge that is topped with red and blue Pop Rocks so you have that classic red, white, and blue dessert. This is a creative dessert to make for when you want to serve up a patriotic dessert for your family or a crowd.
This Red White And Blue Fudge Is…
- This fudge recipe takes just four ingredients to make.
- Colorful and festive. This is great for taking to your summer cookouts, pool parties, or serving up after summer camp.
- A kid-friendly treat that your kids will love to snack on. The popping from the candy is so fun.
- Versatile in flavors and colors you can use, so you can eat it all year round.
- Make ahead of time and then slice and serve up right before you plan to serve. It makes for a simple dessert to whip up ahead of time.
What’s in Patriotic Fudge
Frosting – Reach for your favorite brand of canned vanilla frosting.
White Chocolate Chips – Since this is a vanilla fudge, you want to make sure to reach for quality white chocolate. Otherwise, it can lack a bit of flavor.
Pop Rocks – So I did a red and blue color to create that vintage red, white, and blue dessert. So feel free to change out the colors to fit your theme.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Start by lining your pan with parchment paper. I used an 8×8 size pan. Then you will add your chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in cycles, stirring between each heat cycle till it is melted.
- Next, microwave the frosting, and stir until it is nice and melted.
- Pour the frosting into the white chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and then top with the pop rock candy.
- Let the fudge set up, and then slice and serve.
- You could even do a cream cheese fudge instead of a vanilla fudge if you want. Just buy a cream cheese frosting.
- The quality of the ingredients is key, as there are minimal ingredients it will stand out when you bite into it.
- Lightly press the pop rocks into the fudge, so they don’t fall off.
- Make sure to use microwave-safe bowls, and stir between short heat cycles to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Lining the pan with parchment paper is going to help ensure it does not stick to the pan. You can lift the fudge out once set up, and slice easily.
- You could always use any flavor of frosting if you are do not need the red white and blue theme.
- Mix in more white chocolate chips or any type of mix-ins to the fudge before you pour into the pan for added flavor. Nuts, dried fruit, chopped candy, etc.
Any fudge you have can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature. Just make sure to store it in a cool, dry place for up to 5 days. Now you can store it in the fridge, and extends the shelf life to up to 2 weeks.
Want to freeze fudge? Go right ahead and place it in a freezer container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Just thaw the fudge in the fridge or on the counter.
What to serve with this red white, and blue fudge
Serve some nuts or even fresh fruit on the side next to the fudge. Or if you want pair it with a wine summer cocktail to sip on next to the white chocolate fudge. Or you could even put a charcuterie board next to it to balance out the sweetness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use any brand of frosting to make. Just make sure it is quality in terms of flavor as it is one of the main flavors of the fudge.
Fudge can be a little finicky. You might find within 2-4 hours, the fudge is fully set, and sometimes it takes overnight. I always recommend making it at least 6 hours ahead of when you want to serve, or overnight.
Need more patriotic recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy delicious homemade recipes!
Printable Recipe Card
- 1 Can White Frosting 16 ounces
- 1 ½ Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 3 Packages Blue Pop Rocks
- 3 Packages Red Pop Rocks
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add your white chocolate. Heat for 30-second increments stirring between each heat cycle. Once the chocoalte is fully melted set aside.
- Then you will open the frosting and remove the seal and lid. Microwave for 30 second increments stirring between heat cycles. until melted.
- Pour the frosting into the chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour into the pan, and then sprinkle the pop rocks on top of the fudge.
- Let the fudge set up for up to 8 hours or until hardened.
- Slice and serve.
Such a fun recipe – the kids will love it! I might try this for our upcoming Memorial Day picnic.
Looks like a fun filled recipe to make, saving this one for when my niece comes over so we can make it together. Thank you!
This fudge looks great! I love the idea of using popping candy in it. Will give it a try this weekend with my kids I’m sure they will love it!
Dina Miller says
So easy! Made this for a birthday party! Used the cream cheese frosting!