This slow cooker chicken and gravy is a delicious and simple dinner you can throw together and let it cook while you tackle your day. Tender boneless chicken that is smothered in a rich and creamy gravy. Serve this chicken and gravy over a bed of mashed potatoes, rice, or even on bread.
Slow cookers are so popular for the fall and winter months. It allows you to have those comfort food dinners that leave you feeling satisfied. Make sure to try out these other slow cooker recipes. Mississippi chicken, potato, and corn chowder, or try this beef and broccoli.
This Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy Recipe Is…
- Best Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
- Family Favorite
- Tender Chicken
- Easy Recipe
- Whole Family Will Enjoy
- Budget Friendly Slow Cooker Meal
- Only Needs a Handful of Ingredients
- Pure Comfort Food
Table of Contents
- Chicken – You will want to use boneless and skinless chicken as once it is cooked, you will shred it up or even dice it up. You don’t want to use bone-in and miss a bone.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – This is going to help give your gravy a nice thick consistency.
- Chicken Gravy Mix – These packets of chicken gravy mix are flavorful and easy to find at the grocery store.
- Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, dry minced onions, and parsley are what you need for seasoning.
- Chicken Broth – The broth will help to add liquid to activate the gravy mix to help it become that perfect thickness.
How to Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Start by adding your soup, gravy, broth, and seasonings in a bowl. Mix well to combine ingredients. (Photo 1)
Step Two: Pour a small amount of the gravy mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. (Photo 2)
Step Three: Top with the chicken, and add a layer of sauce. Then add the rest of the chicken and the rest of the gravy sauce. (Photo 3)
Step Four: Cook as directed, and once done, serve and enjoy. (Photo 4)
What to Serve with Chicken and Gravy
Not sure what to serve with this perfect comfort food dinner? Well, we love to pair with egg noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, and more. You can even pair with a side of your favorite vegetables to balance out this delicious dinner from carb heavy to lighter sides.
You can shred, dice up the chicken, or leave the large chicken breasts whole and dish up that way. We also love serving a side of green beans, cranberry sauce, or even dinner rolls this dinner are all delicious.
You will want to store any leftover chicken pieces and gravy in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. The savory gravy will thicken, but once you warm it up, it will not be as thick again.
If you make brown rice as a side, I recommend storing any leftover sides in separate containers. That way, you can reheat this hearty meal one dish at a time, and it won’t cause food to become soggy.
What type of chicken do I need for this easy crock pot recipe?
Boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins are best. You want to use boneless and skinless chicken as the skin would remain rubbery once cooked since it is cooked in the slow cooker.
The biggest thing is to use a meat thermometer and make sure that once your chicken is done, you quick cooking. Depending on how thick or thin your chicken is, you will find the cooking time varies.
If you want your delicious gravy thicker, just add 2 tablespoons cold water and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a bowl. Whisk well, and then pour it in the last 30 minutes of cooking time. This is going to thicken your gravy even more and offers the best results at the end of the day.
More Comfort Food Recipes
- Spicy Slow Cooker Chili
- Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini and Sausage
- Salsa Verde Pork
- See all our crockpot recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- 3-4 (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (2) envelopes of chicken gravy mix
- 1 cup (235 g) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) dry minced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dry parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl whisk together soup, gravy mix, broth, onion, and salt & pepper until well combined
- Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Place half the chicken on top of sauce
- Add another layer sauce
- Add remaining chicken
- Finish with remaining sauce on top
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours
- Serve with rice or potatoes and vegetable of choice
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!