Easy, Cheesy Garlic bread rolls made with sandwich buns – buttery, garlicky, cheesy, and oh-so-delicious! This recipe for Cheesy Garlic Bread Rolls is ready in just 15 minutes and will have you anxiously awaiting that first bite!! These bread rolls are bursting with flavor. Perfect for all-season and family events!
Cheese bread is always a favorite, and it’s true, there is nothing quite like homemade bread. But sometimes we need a quick and easy side dish to accompany our dinner. That’s why we love this recipe for Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Rolls with Colby!
These garlic rolls are made from premade and cut sandwich sheet rolls (like Hawaiian or bake and serve) and are drizzled with melted butter, coarsely chopped garlic, and topped with Colby cheese. If you really love that garlic flavor you can sprinkle some of my homemade garlic bread seasoning on top for an additional “wow” factor. These buns make the perfect companion to any salad, soup, or pasta dish!
Why you should make these Garlic Cheese Rolls
- You don’t have to bake your own bread with this recipe. All you need is one package of sandwich rolls and three key ingredients: butter, garlic, and Colby cheese (or any cheese you like).
- It is simple to prepare! It’s not difficult to make these Garlic Cheese Bread Rolls. You don’t need to be a master baker to prepare these rolls. Simply follow the cooking directions in this recipe.
- If you are busy like me, then this recipe is perfect for you. You don’t need to rush to the supermarket to create these bread rolls. The ingredients are all basic kitchen staples. It’s quick to make and you can create as many batches as you like without becoming exhausted.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Pull-Apart Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pizza Monkey Bread
What You Need To Make This Garlic Cheese Bread
- Sheet sandwich rolls (Bake and serve or Hawaiian Rolls)
- Colby cheese (marble cheese)
- Two 8″ x 8″ or one 9”x13” Casserole Dish
- Measuring cup (wet)
- Measuring cup (dry)
- Cheese shredder
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Offset Spatula
How to Make Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Rolls With Colby!
The full list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Preheat oven to 350F
Grease or line two 8” x 8” casserole dishes (or one 9″ x 13″ pan).
Pour the melted butter evenly over the sandwich sheets and use an offset spatula or inverted spoon to quickly spread the melted butter to the edges of the bread.
Sprinkle with minced garlic and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheese, is completely melted.
Cut into squares along the sandwich sheet lines and serve.
- Baked rolls can be stored on the counter for up to three days.
- In an airtight container, place your leftovers in the fridge. Your bread rolls will last up to five days.
- Warm your cheesy garlic dinner buns in the oven or toaster oven for a few minutes at 300°F.
- Instead of a spatula, use a brush to distribute the melted butter evenly on the rolls.
- Use freshly shredded cheese instead of pre-made shredded cheese. It has chemicals that prevent the shreds from clumping together, resulting in a poor melting performance when cooked. Rather, grate your cheese. It’s less expensive and more delicious that way.
- To help you mince the garlic, use a kitchen tool. You can use a food processor or a garlic press to aid in mincing the garlic.
Substitutions and Variations
- Sprinkle some cooked and crumbled bacon on top of your baked Garlic Cheese Roll.
- Cheese and ham go well together. Top your bread with a few pieces of thinly sliced ham. Then, continue with the rest of the cooking instructions.
- Cheddar cheese, Mozzarella, or Swiss cheese are perfect substitutes for Colby cheese. You can also add caramelized onions too!
Garlic Cheese Bread FAQs
Yes and no! If you used soft cheeses, keep your garlic cheese bread rolls refrigerated. If you use a hard cheese, your rolls may be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Yes, but they won’t have the same texture you’d expect from reheating them in the oven. If you want to reheat them in the microwave just place your garlic cheese bread rolls on a microwave-safe dish and heat for 10-20 seconds only.
Garlic can be bitter if overcooked. Make sure you follow the baking time in this recipe.
Yes, you can make your own dinner rolls if you have the time. The recipe we offer here is for folks who are constantly on the run.
Yes, you can use olive oil if you do not like butter. I’d just brush a light layer of olive oil on top of your bread and then top with the garlic and cheese. You definitely don’t want to pour it on and saturate your bread in it.
More Recipes You May Enjoy
- Creamy Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
- Baked Ziti Pasta With White Alfredo Sauce
- The Best Classic Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot-Chicken Alfredo with Pasta
If you have tried this garlic cheese bread or any other recipes on my site? Be kind & leave a comment and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow me on social Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or My Facebook Group! for more incredible recipes!
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Rolls With Colby!
- 1 sheet sandwich rolls
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease or line two 8” x 8” casserole dishes, or one 9" x 13".
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the sandwich sheets and use an offset spatula or inverted spoon to quickly spread the melted butter to the edges of the bread.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheese, is completely melted.
- Cut into squares along the sandwich sheet lines and serve.
Tools You’ll Need
- Two 8" x 8" or One 9” x 13” Casserole Dish
- Measuring cup (wet)
- Measuring cup (dry)