Taco Roll-Ups are simple to make and tastes delicious. These easy taco roll-ups with ground beef are perfect when a weeknight dinner when you want to prepare something quick, but don’t want to sacrifice flavor.
This easy recipe is made with only a few ingredients and can be prepared in about 15 minutes from start to finish! Best of all this recipe is picky-eater approved helping you take the stress out of dinnertime.
Why you should make these Taco Pinwheels
- Easy to Make – Only five ingredients, and super quick to prepare!
- Tasty – These pinwheels have a lot of flavor in them, and are great with or without toppings.
- Versatile – You can add any type of filling you want to these taco pinwheels. It’s up to your tastes!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Ham and Cheese Roll-ups recipe.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning mix
- Refrigerated pizza crust
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, or salsa
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cup
- Sharp knife
How to Make Taco Roll-Ups
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly spray with cooking oil or use a baking sheet
Add ground beef to skillet cook until fully cooked through, then drain off any excess grease
Add taco seasoning and water and cook until slightly thickened sauce. Remove from heat and allow to cool
Spoon the taco meat on top of the pizza dough, covering evenly then sprinkle cheese on top.
Start with the long edge of the pizza dough; slowly roll dough into a roll.
Once fully rolled use a sharp knife and make about 1-inch slices along the roll, making about 12-15 slices.
Place cut taco rolls onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are fully browned.
Top with additional toppings as desired and enjoy!
These taco rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- If you don’t have cooking spray on hand you can use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Use a gentle hand when rolling the dough up, so that it doesn’t rip.
- If you like more flavor you can top the cheese with a small amount of taco sauce before rolling up. Just be careful to not use too much.
Substitutions and Variations
- For a low-carb version of this recipe, you can substitute the pizza dough with 6-inch flour tortillas and reduce the bake time to 6 minutes.
- Ground turkey or chicken can be used in these taco rollups instead of beef if you prefer.
- If you love spicy tacos then you can switch up the taco seasoning to a spicy version or use chipotle seasoning.
- Use your favorite cheese like cheddar or pepper jack instead of a Mexican blend.
Taco Roll-Ups FAQs
Yes! These taco roll-ups can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 1 month.
You can reheat these taco roll-ups in the microwave or oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole. Top with lettuce for extra vegetables, and chopped tomato if desired.
More Appetizer Recipes You May Enjoy
Taco Pizza Roll ups
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Top with lettuce tomato, sour cream, or salsa tomato, sour cream, or salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly spray with cooking oil or use a baking sheet
- Add ground beef to skillet cook until fully cooked through, then drain off any excess grease
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook until slightly thickened sauce. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Remove pizza dough and unroll it onto a flat surface. Roll out the pizza dough to form a rectangle.
- Spoon the taco meat on top of the pizza dough, covering evenly then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Start with the long edge of the pizza dough; slowly roll dough into a roll.
- Once fully rolled use a sharp knife and make about 1-inch slices along the roll, making about 12-15 slices.
- Place cut taco rolls onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are fully browned.
- Top with additional toppings as desired.