Cheddar Biscuits with Chilies are delicious little biscuits that are great on their own or with chili. They are quick and easy to make, so they go well with many recipes!
If you are looking for a flavorful bread side to serve with your next meal then this is it! Not only are these tasty cheddar biscuits simple to make, but they are also easy to change up.
Table of Contents
Why you should make this Cheddar Biscuits
Easy to Make – These biscuits come together quickly, making them the perfect side dish for any meal.
Flavorful – The addition of chili peppers gives these biscuits a bit of heat and flavor that is sure to please.
Versatile – These biscuits can be made with or without chilies, so they are perfect for anyone who likes a little spice in their life.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Cheesy Garlic Bread Rolls recipe.
- baking powder
- butter, frozen & grated
- chiles, chopped
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- butter, melted & cooled
How to Make Cheddar Biscuits with Chillies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. (Photo 1)
- Fold in grated butter, then chile and cheese.(Photo 2)
- Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Stir in buttermilk. (Photos 3 & 4)
- Roll small balls of dough in your hands and place them on a lined baking sheet. (Photo 5)
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. (Photo 6)
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately with additional butter and honey if desired.
These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If your dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Make sure not to overmix the dough or your biscuits will be tough.
- If your dough is too dry, add a bit more buttermilk.
- For hotter biscuits, use hot chilies.
- For milder biscuits, use sweet chilies.
Substitutions and Variations For Cheddar Biscuits
- Use sour cream in place of the buttermilk for a thicker, richer biscuit.
- If you are not a fan of spicy bisuits remove the chilies from these biscuits.
- For a creamier texture, brush the biscuits with melted butter before baking.
- You can also top these spicy cheese biscuits with fresh parsley, green onions, cilantro, and other herbs for added flavor.
Cheddar Biscuits from Scratch FAQs
Yes, you can make these biscuits gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend.
Chilling the dough will help the biscuits keep their shake during baking. However, it is possible to make these biscuits without chilling them.
Yes, you can make these biscuits ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
No, you do not have to use chilies if you do not want them in your biscuits. You can leave them out, or substitute another type of pepper.
More Side Dish Recipes You May Enjoy
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Cheddar Biscuits with Chilies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt
- Fold in grated butter, then chile and cheese
- Cool in fridge for 30 minutes
- Stir in buttermilk
- Roll small balls of dough in hands and place on lined baking sheet
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately with additional butter and honey if desired