Summer BBQ recipes that are screaming summer fun in the sun. From tasty grilling recipes to easy side dishes and desserts to serve up. This list of favorite summer BBQ recipes will tickle those taste buds and leave you wanting one more bite. Enjoy one or more of these summer grill recipes!
For us, summer is all about being outside on a warm summer evening, grilling, soaking up the sun, and enjoying late nights under the stars. So, whether you are looking for some summer party food ideas to whip up or just a list for dinner, here is a list that can be a perfect fit.
Chili Lime Grilled Pineapple
These Chili Lime Grilled Pineapple spears are going to be the best side dish at your next barbecue this summer! They are rubbed with lime and an Indian street-style spice mix of chili, chaat masala, and salt to make a spicy, tangy, yet sweet, vibrant dish.
Grilled Baby Potatoes
This baby potato side dish is a perfect complement to your favorite BBQ meats. It is grilled with olive oil, garlic, and herbs.
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
These Instant Pot BBQ ribs are absolutely delicious. They’re ready in no time. Serve with extra sauce, and enjoy!
Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
With succulent, juicy mushrooms and savory sausage filling, these grilled mushrooms with cheese are SO full of smoky, delicious flavor.
Watermelon Feta Basil Salad
Every BBQ needs this watermelon feta basil salad! It’s light and refreshing and topped with a zesty honey-lime vinaigrette.
Simple Veggie Skewers
These Simple Vegetable Skewers are bright, beautiful, and delicious option. Grilled to perfection for a summery flavor, the mix of colorful vegetables and fresh herbs makes this dish a flavorful favorite.
BBQ Sweet Potatoes
Dry Rub Baby Back Oven Ribs
No grill, no problem – this easy dry rubbed oven rib recipe will become a summer family favorite! Fall off the bone tender with only about 15 minutes of effort to prep.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Recipe
Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
Succulent, juicy chicken in a sweet and citrusy marinade – these Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs are perfect for any summer backyard BBQ. They’re so easy they practically grill themselves.
Southwest Quinoa Salad
Southwest Quinoa Salad is loaded with protein thanks to the superfoods quinoa and black beans. This delicious vegan dish is a perfect side dish for your next BBQ!
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
These quick and easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers are loaded with Thai flavors: coconut milk, lemongrass, lime, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and more. Fresh pineapple adds a perfect sweetness. They grill in less than 5 minutes!
Smoked Mac and Cheese
Transform ordinary macaroni & cheese by smoking it on the grill or in a smoker. You’ll love this fun twist on an old favorite with our Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
This creamy two-ingredient Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is always a hit! Add it to your fruit platter, and everyone is sure to get in a serving or two of fruit with dinner.
Southern Baked Beans
These Southern Baked Beans are made with a delicious whiskey maple BBQ sauce, ground burger made from plants, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, brown sugar, and flavors to make your summer BBQ or family gathering a hit!
Smoking burgers on the grill is the absolute best way to cook juicy burgers. The smoke from the grill adds delicious flavor to the meat, and the burgers are so juicy and tender. These are quick to prepare and even easier to cook
Grilled Garlic Butter Salmon
Grilled salmon recipe made with fresh salmon fillets brushed with dill garlic butter sauce and grilled for 10 minutes for a juicy, golden finish. Only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes prep for grilled garlic butter salmon!
Smoked Turkey Burgers
Smoked turkey burgers are so moist and flavorful. The rich flavor of a smoked burger will win over the crowd!
Grilled Corn on the Cob
Grilled corn on the cob is a summer staple! It cooks quickly when peeled and grilled, giving these juicy ears of corn a smoky flavor and grill marks.
Southwest Pasta Salad
Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt and Maple Syrup
Grilled peaches are a lightened-up fruit dessert to make in summer with fresh peaches. It is sugar-free, low in calories, and so easy to make in just 10 minutes. Pair it with Greek yogurt and sprinkle nuts to finish it perfectly
Watermelon with Feta and Blueberry
Sweet and savory watermelon feta and blueberry are healthy, easy, and refreshingly delicious! These vegetarian appetizer (or dessert) bites are super easy to make, cheap, and perfect for a potluck, BBQ, picnic, or regular family dinner!
Cider Honey Chicken Skewers
Cider Honey Chicken Skewers with Sweet Mustard Sauce are marinated in a sweet and savory apple cider and mustard sauce and served with a cool and delicious honey mustard dipping sauce.
Make the Perfect Grilled Steak this summer! Keep it simple with this 6-ingredient easy recipe for the best steaks on the grill with a simple seasoning, no marinating time, and a delicious buttery flavor!
Keto Pork Chops with Salsa
These Whole30, paleo, and grilled keto pork chops scream summer! The pork chops rest in a cilantro-lime marinade, are grilled to perfection, and are then served with super fresh pineapple or tomato avocado salsa.
Table of Contents
How Do You Store BBQ Food Until Serving?
- Ensure all food is fully cooked before you start storing it for later. Partially cooked food is a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Store your BBQ food in airtight containers. This will help maintain the freshness and flavor of the dishes.
- Refrigerate your food as soon as possible. Leaving food out in warm weather can cause it to spoil quickly.
- Separate different types of food. Meat such as chicken breast should be stored separately from salads or desserts to avoid cross-contamination.
- If you’re dealing with large quantities of food, consider using a cooler filled with ice to keep food cool until it’s time to serve.
- Utilize food warmers for items like grilled veggies or baked beans that are best served hot.
- Always check the temperature of stored food before serving. To kill harmful bacteria, it should be heated to at least 165°F.
Here are some common questions when it comes to these summer BBQ recipes! I will help you to master your summer cookout recipes.
Once your steak is done being cooked on the grill, let it rest for 5- 10 minutes. This will lock in the juices, so when you slice into it, you have optimal flavor. You will want to do the same with chicken and pork. If you slice into pork or chicken, especially right away, it releases all the juices inside and leaves your meat very dry.
I enjoy reaching for pasta salads, light salads, etc. You can also reach for classic grilled veggies like corn and potato packets. Have fun and create a dish that you can prep in advance and store in the fridge or toss on the grill. That way, you don’t have to turn your oven on and can keep your home cool.
Watermelon screams summer. Here are a few pointers when picking watermelon out at the store. These tips help you to find a flavorful fruit to slice and serve up. Pick up and feel the weight of the watermelon. You want it to feel heavy for its size. I generally pick up a few and then gauge which weighs more. Next, look where the vine was. You want to pick a melon that has that yellowish-brown spot. This is a field spot. That means it was ripened on the vine, which is a good indicator the watermelon is going to be ripe. Watermelons stop ripening once they are picked from the vine.
Craving More Summer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Mango Margarita
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- 67+ Easy Summer Dips
- Homemade Popsicles
- Frozen Pina Coladas
- Easy Gatorade Slushie
- Fresh Watermelon Bites With Whipped Feta
- Beach Cupcakes
- Tinto de Verano (Summer Red Wine)
More Great Recipe Collections You May Like
- Easy Christmas Appetizers (Holiday Finger Foods)
- Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids (That Adults Will Love Too!)
- Over 21 Thirst Quenching Blue Drinks For Adults
- Ultimate List of Rumchata Cocktails
- 17+ Crockpot Recipes For A Potluck
- 47 New Year’s Eve Cocktails For 2023
- 35 New Year’s Eve Jello Shots
- 43+ Tasty Acorn Squash Recipes To Share
- 31+ Easy Appetizer Ideas For A Christmas Party
- 21+ Amazing Hatch Green Chile Recipes
- 15+ Shark Week Snacks and Recipes!
- 19 Whoopie Pie Recipes (+ Easy Cake Mix Whoopie Pies)
- 40+ Easy Watermelon Recipes You’ll LOVE
- How To Make Homemade Popsicles – 40+ DIY Popsicle Recipes!
- 26 Firework Worthy Red White and Blue Desserts
- 20 Delicious Game Day Recipes!
- 25 Easy Summer BBQ Recipes To Try Out!
- 20 Best Moonshine Recipes to Make at Home
- 11 School Lunch Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- 10 of the Best 4th July Appetizers (Easy Recipes and Ideas)
Get 3 FREE Conversion charts + Bonus!
When you subscribe to the latest updates, recipes, and content.