Did you know all you need is two ingredients to make these cinnamon roll apple pie cups. These are delicious and easy breakfast treat, snack, or even dessert. Canned cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling join together.
These are cinnamon roll apple pies, essentially. Drizzle on some caramel sauce for another added layer of sweetness to these mini apple pies. Also, make sure to check out some more apple dessert ideas.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love these cinnamon roll apple pie cups
- Made with cinnamon roll dough and canned pie filling
- Little cups for bite size eating
- Easy dessert recipe or breakfast recipe
- Easy recipe
- Budget friendly
- Huge hit
Ingredients for cinnamon roll apple cups
Here is all you need for these apple cinnamon rolls. This is a great recipe for apple season and all your fall cravings.
- Canned Cinnamon Roll – I used Pillsbury cinnamon rolls that you can find in the refrigerator section of the store. If you want to make quite a few reach for multiple cans of cinnamon rolls.
- Apple Pie Filling – You can use homemade apple pie filling or canned pie filling. Either works, it is all whatever your preference is.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Apple Cups
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
Step One: Preheat the oven and grease your muffin tin as directed.
Step Two: Open the cinnamon rolls and spread each roll out into a thinner circle.
Step Three: Press each cinnamon roll into the muffin tin, and make a cup shape.
Step Four: Spoon your apple pie filling in the center of each of the cinnamon roll cups. Repeat until all are completed.
Step Five: Bake as directed, and once done, allow the rolls to cool a short bit.
Step Six: Drizzle on the cinnamon roll frosting.
How to Store
If you do not eat all of these cinnamon roll cups, you can store in an airtight container. These cinnamon roll cups will store for 2-3 days in the fridge.
You can reheat in the microwave or even in the oven. Just heat until it is warmed up.
Tips and tricks
- Nonstick cooking spray will ensure the cinnamon apple pie cups won’t stick in the pan.
- You can swap out the pie filling flavor to change up the apple pie cinnamon rolls to a new flavor.
- You can use homemade cinnamon rolls in a change of store bought if you want.
- Feel free to use homemade pie filling in exchange to canned.
- Top with a cream cheese frosting to elevate the flavor even more.
Regular sized cinnamon rolls work for this. Just buy any canned cinnamon rolls you want, spread out the dough, and shape into a cup in the pan.
If you have extra pie filling, you can store in an airtight container in the fridge. Then use for topping your oatmeal, serve with ice cream, etc. There are so many ways to use up leftover pie filling.
Need more dessert recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups
- 1 can cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and prepare muffin tin (8 spaces) with nonstick spray
- Press each roll to flatten out and form a larger circle
- Lay into muffin tin to form a cup, be sure dough comes all the way to the top
- Spoon in apple pie filling
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown
- Cool slightly then transfer to wire rack
- Microwave icing for about 10 seconds until it’s pourable and drizzle over each cup
- Serve warm and enjoy!